Best Western Colonial Inn
Econo Lodge(Cordele)
Ashburn Inn(Cordele)
Quality Inn(Cordele)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleansliding doorsausagecracker barrelfirst flooreggsnice breakfastwould stay here againgreat pricehot breakfastgreat place to stayconvenient locationfriesbiscuitsafter a long daystaff was friendlynice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had a room on the second floor so we had to schlep our bags up outdoor, concrete stairs on a scorching day. The door to the little balcony had a pin in it for a lock. If we barely jiggled the door, the pin would fall out. The room was old but clean, thus the three stars. This hotel allows pets and we were routinely awakened throughout the night by a dog barking downstairs. If I had to do it over again, I would have suggested we stop in Valdosta on our way home from Florida.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MabSings
Reviewed 25 July 2011

First let me say we loved the beds, we enjoyed the pool and this hotel is close to everything. We were unhappy as there is no internet in the rooms as advertised. There are a total of 18 chairs to sit on in the lobby for the breakfast buffet, there were at list 25 other guests there and they do not allow you to take the cereal to your room so it is really not worth standing around to wait for a place to sit. There is a woman in charge of the buffet, she was VERY RUDE. She has a tip jar sitting there and I guess if you aren't stuffing money in her tip jar she can't be nice or respectful to you. This is a great place to stay if you just want to sleep and use the pool, if you want to check email or eat at the breakfast buffet then forget about it, those services are not really provided as they claim. Also we tried to watch HBO and that channel hummed so loudly we couldn't hear the show!

2  Thank bakemma
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We spent one night at this hotel during a trip to Disney after driving through some severe weather in Georgia. We checked out other reviews before calling and the reviews were correct! This place was cheap and a fabulous stay! The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was very helpful and I was amazed at our room and the pool for the price we paid for the room. The bathroom was nice and had more space than most newer hotels. The patio was very nice and we had a room that opened right up to the court yard/pool area. This hotel is an excellent value for the price. We will stay here again the next time we drive through the area and need a place to spend the night!

Room Tip: Great hotel for the price!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I seen the reviews on here and expected a nice hotel. It turned out to be more of a motel that needed redone. Our room faced the pool. The room next to us and a joining door and we could hear everything going on in the next room and the noise of the going in and out to the pool. Went into bathroom to shower and found a bathroom that was out of date, wall paper peeling ( as other have said on here bathroom needed help). The shower wall was cracking and the shower had mold on the caulking. The shower head had no pressure and could not get hot due to when i engaged shower lots of the water kept comming out of the faucet instead of shower head. The beds were comfortable and price was good. I just expected more out of the hotel being number 1 per tripadvisor.

1  Thank allynbrian
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Our normal FL to TN hotel was booked when I got there so they called this Best Wester for me. They had one room left with one bed so I asked them to hold it for us. I assumed wrongly that one bed would be a king. The room had an odd layout and clearly was a utility room a few months ago. All of the other rooms opened to an enclosed hallway this one opened to an outside hallway. The ice machine should have just been in the room because I heard every time the ice dropped. The AC was not sufficient to cool the room, there was a wall humidity in one section of the room. And to top it off there were only hand towels in the room. The staff was very friendly and I would bet the rest of the rooms were nice, but I would be cautious of getting stuck in this room.

1  Thank TampaChrissie