“Where did they put the towels”

Best Western Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Cutler Bay, United States
“Where did they put the towels”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is up to the standards of Best Western and a good value for the price. It must of been another brands at one time because I have never run across a hotel built this way. All the first floor units are completely glass on the parking lot sides and they are very well maintained. There are two chairs to sit and enjoy the weather if you have the time and are able to still do that. The down side to that is that it take the room a lot longer to cool off but the a/c finally handled it and I did not have trouble sleeping. The bed although pretty comfortable could use renewing. The middle sagged a little and the edges were hard from the ribbing. But once you got into bed it was fine. The people very friendly and willing to please. The breakfast is fine for getting you going but several things were not being filled as quickly as I thought they should of course I was there after the main rush around 8:45 a.m. Now on to my title, when I first got there I could not find any towels. No towel racks either. I looked around and was just about to call the front desk thinking that housekeeping might of forgotten and I opened the closet and low and behold there they where on the top shelf of the closet. There were plenty of them, even enough to use for the pool. The pool by the way was big enough to get some laps in and felt wonderful. I will definitely stay there again when going through the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Margaret S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Thought the train in Cordele would be an hourly nuisance, but we never heard it all night. Accommodations were very nice: clean room, nicely decorated, and appreciated the convenient internet hookup and service. Guest services were very cordial. Overall we were very pleased and will stay again if we're passing through.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank gypsysusan
Iva, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was very pleased especially since it was a festival weekend and I was warned by family I probably wouldn't find anything. My room was quiet, clean and well-equipped. The staff was friendly, and breakfast (although I really don't care for the link sausages served) was very good. I didn't swim, but enjoyed my balcony where I could enjoy watching others swimming. All in all, I came home happy and relaxed, wishing I had just one more night to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Nancy K
PENSACOLA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed there in November 2013 and June 26, 2014, and both times it was very nice. They are remodeling the rooms around us which left it very quiet at night. Beds are good, pillows are good, pool and playground very nice, breakfast has eggs, sausage, sausage and gravy, fruit, you make waffles, great coffee and juice and other items. We stay for the Sam Shortline train ride the next day and have loved it each time. Staff are very nice and hospitable. Def recommend it to anyone traveling to area. Plenty of restaurants close by. Very clean and recently remodeled.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodeled rooms on the single story wing on the south side of the property.
2 Thank pullitman
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The beds are worth the stay. The grounds of the Hotel were neat and clean. I would stay at the Colonial Inn again when I am in the Cordele area again. The hotel is easy on and off the interstate and the area around the hotel is ok for staying. The pool and play area for the kids was very neat and well maintained.

Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for a single overnight on our way to Florida. A Great choice.The staff was extremely nice and pleasant; all questions and extra towels were taken care of promptly. The breakfast had sausage gravy, biscuits, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal fruits, waffles and an assortment of bread. perfect for kids.The room was first floor right outside the sliding door was the pool, this was also perfect for the kids. The rooms were clean, maybe a few corners had cracks or spots on the rugs, but everything seemed clean. The bedding was extremely comfortable, this was good for a good night sleep after a long drive. I will return. Construction was being done on the roof while we were there, but it didn't affect us. The crew cleaned up and put all tools and scaffolding away in the evening.

1 Thank fishhead101
Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed one night on the way home from Florida. Had never stayed at a Best Western and was impressed by this one. We looked at the Trip Advisor review and chose it based on the reviews. The staff was very proud of their rating and had a plaque in the lobby! It was immaculate! Bed linens very clean and comfortable. That was just what we needed after a long drive. Our only complaint was that we had inconsiderate neighbors that talked and smoked on the passage way late at night. We didn't report it so the staff probably had no idea. Breakfast was nice with a friendly associate that filled everything while taking care of the desk at the same time! The price was very reasonable. We have definitely paid more for less!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple