“What you'd expect”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Atlanta, Georgia
“What you'd expect”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel was conveniently situated for our journey down I75. Easy to find, excellent receptionist (Tiffany), friendly and courteous. Room adequate, bed comfortable, price acceptable. Breakfast was OK but you get what you pay for! Don't know what the fuss is about train noise - we heard nothing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bristolpj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The room was dark and dank and smelled something awful. The towels were still damp. The beds were okay, although there was some discussion as to whether or not they were actually twin sized beds, especially since my feet overhung the back of the mattress - and I'm only 5'-9". A lot of train whistles throughout the night since the hotel is very near the RR tracks. Gray cold scrambled eggs for breakfast, along with what was supposed to be a rolled up piece of cold ham - hmmm! Mystery meat at its best. Look for another place to stay is my advice.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John K

Travellers are raving about these Cordele hotels

Wilder, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stopped here on our way to Siesta Key. We tried the Best Western and Hampton, but all they had were king rooms and we had 3 people. The Quality Inn is a little farther down the road, so they had rooms available. The lady at the desk was sweet. The room was fine. The smoke detector went off after my husband showered and we scrambled to get out, but there was no smoke anywhere and it eventually stopped. Maybe a weak battery, but still a little scary. I reported it to the front desk and she made a note of it. Breakfast was decent. The room decor was a bit dated and there was no exercise equipment.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kymom99
Gibson, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2013

As a driver i have to layover a couple of times a week and i couldn't imagine staying at any other hotel in the area,The people are so very nice,the front desk clerks are always so nice,Tiffany Best has always been a great help with any questions i had about the area,it's always a pleasure to stay here and feels as if i'm at my home away from home!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here twice, once on our way to a place and once on our way back. With regard to the time on the way down the place was great! In fact as a member of whatever reward program they have, the room was almost free. Everything was fine with the service, room and breakfast. Then a couple months later we decided to stay since the first experience was good. The staff was not exactly friendly initially, but responded to a problem. One problem was, ,upon pulling up to our room, there were people hanging out outside there room upstairs, leaning over the railings, drinking something, throwing something down and talking to their friends below. It was about 8:00 p.m. We went back and got a different room. The manager was more than willing. The room was not as nice as the first one we stayed in. It needed refurbishing. I see another reviewer had the people outside problem. That is a big turn off to guests. The breakfast was fine. I might give them another try since the first time was great. I hope they fix the problems.

Room Tip: Make sure people are not hanging out, outside. Ask for refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I love to give positive feedback, but had a very different experience here than other folks. I booked this hotel as a stop off point on a trip to Florida to get a few hours of rest. At arrival late at night (approximately 1am), there were so many folks hanging around outside the rooms, laughing and talking with loud music, there wasn't even a place to park. Going further that night was not really an option so the stay was completed, but no one got very much rest. We even questioned if some of the people there were having a party or perhaps live there, as there were clothes (not swimsuits or beach towels, just regular clothes) hanging on the railings, etc . . . just a strange situation that we don't normally see when traveling with this level of hotel. The next morning, everything was quiet, but that really wasn't very helpful after a long drive and a need for sleep . . . Though I think this hotel is OK as long as this type of activity is not going on, I did feel I needed to let other trip advisor readers know of this issue. If you're going to be staying here, don't arrive late as apparently there are no security/managers making rounds to ensure respectful activity is being observed . . .I'm sorry I couldn't give this a good review as the rooms were fine and the facility was clean, but I would never stay somewhere again that allowed this activity . . .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BabyBlue55
Knoxville, Tn
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Excellent value. I am a regular business traveler and stay at typical business traveler hotels. This was a very pleasant surprise, very clean with exceedingy friendly and helpful staff. I kept the fan on as I had seen the review with mention of train horns and did not hear any until I was checking out. Breakfast was ok. Bed was slightly better than the average I had expected for a value room. Wil stay there again on upcoming trip because of the good value

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple