“OKAY...but ....”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Tampa, FL
“OKAY...but ....”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stopped her on the return trip to FL 8/18/12, a Saturday. RM 116.
I do belong to Wyndham Rewards, but that apparently doesn't get you a better room.
I requested a quiet location when I made the res, and again when I checked in. The desk clerk seemed to remember my name from a previous stop. It's possible, but I didn't recall.
The lobby was jam-packed with antiques.....seemed too cluttered for me, but some of the stuff was interesting looking.
I was assigned a room on the side parking lot, across from the Golden Coral restaurant. All the rooms have outside access.
The room was large, and smelled overwhelmingly clean. This Ramada is dated. The nightstand was sticky, and there were several longish hairs on the large vanity outside the bathroom. The bathroom was extremely small, and was where the sink was located. There was 1 hand towel, 1 face cloth, and 3 smaller bath towels.
The ceiling tiles over the tub were a bit iffy, and didn't seem to fit right. A little mold on the tub caulking, The water pressure, and temp were good.
That long counter outside the bath seemed out of place. On it was a tissue dispenser, single cup coffee maker, and ice bucket . A big mirror was on the wall behind it. A full length mirror was on the adjacent wall, and was dirty/spotted. Both the bathroom, and this counter were badly stained, as was the toilet seat.
There were no electrical outlets near the bed, just on the TV area wall, and lamp across from the bed.
The Echostream wi-fi required a Royal Caribbean video commercial, and a Comcast questionnaire before you could connect. Once connected the speed was okay.
The breakfast was large, pretty diverse, with round patty egg things. Good sausage,and a great variety of offerings though. I found it odd that they had a sign saying because of food prices food was not allowed back to the room.....oops, I broke that one and brought back coffee, and a "danish". They had a tip jar.
The TV, although 32” LCD, had a terrible picture.....then I found the digital stations......the guide in the room was not accurate, and if you go by those channels (analog), the picture is horrible....you have to get up into the high channel numbers to get a good watchable picture.
The down side of this trip was other guests.
There was one car with an annoyingly loud muffler....really loud, that kept coming and going through the night.....like till 2:30 AM, complete with screeching tires. Some guests were running outside in the parking lot, and loudly talking, and something was rolled by the door a couple times...skateboard maybe??. They did settle down by 3 AM......but then the refrigerator began to gurgle. I should have left the fan going on the AC to drowned out the noise, but didn't figure that out till morning. I was again awoken at 7:15 by people mowing the lawn at the nearby restaurant. I also heard water draining, loudly, and it seemed to be behind the bed....it was in the wall....I guess the upstairs room guests were showering.
I guess it's not all the hotel's fault.
My suggestion is to get a poolside/ courtyard room.....those would be the “real quiet" ones....not what I was given as "quiet".
If you do end up with a parking lot area room....run the fan constantly to add white noise.

Room Tip: Get a poolside/courtyard room. If you get a parking lot room, run the a/c fan all the time to add wh...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TommyTPA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed one night during our drive from Chicago to Naples, FL in August 2012. The hotel staff were helpful and the room was clean. It was a good value based upon our 10 hours spent there to grab a meal and some sleep. Would stay again based upon it being a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulR708
STUART
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We just stayed one night on our way through town. The hotel was comfortable and clean. The pool was very nice and the breakfast was great. The hotel staff were very friendly and help full and there were several restaurants within walking distance. There is an area for trucks to stop and spend the night next door but we couldn't hear any noise from our room. Overall it was a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JOHN C
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spend the night at this Ramada Inn on our way to Cocoa Beach. The room was very clean. The front desk staff was exceptional... a very interesting lobby area. The owner collects antiques and displays them in the lobby. The breakfast was average. Would recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rec22557
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here after visiting the Andersonville Prision site. The room was clean and the value was very good. We relaxed in the pool for our overnight layover before driving to Savahanna. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpfully and I would recommend this inn.

• Stayed July 2012
Conyers, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We were very pleased with our stay at this Ramada. First time we have stayed at a Ramada and were very happy. The bed was very comfy and we had a problem with our TV and they had someone there to fix the problem in less than 10 mins. The breakfast was the best of that type that I have ever seen. They had in addition to the regular waffle, cereal, and sweet rolls they had Eggs, two different types of Sausage, grits, biscuits, sausage gravy and two different types of fruit salad. We would stay at this location again and probably will.

Room Tip: We booked using hotels.com and the rate we got was $15 less than the advertised price.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a mainly truck driver motels and they love to hear their trucks growing. Not me! I couldn't sleep very long. Never again.

• Stayed June 2012