“The good, bad and the ugly”
Review of Ramada Cordele

Ramada Cordele
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Cordele
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed one night on our way further north. It is well located just off the interstate which is nice. The room was well sized with separate desk, small refrigerator and microwave, beds were comfy, price was great and included breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, fruit, cereal coffee and juice etc. Staff was friendly and very nice. However hotel needs maintenance and cleaning. You do not notice at first but once you begin to look you find things such as carpet needs shampooing (socks became dirty quickly) paint is peeling in the bathroom, air condition vents are rusted. If you can look past this there is value in the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Icebear J
There are newer reviews for Ramada Cordele

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Driving from Stuart, FL to Prescott, AZ and spent the first night in the Ramada Inn in Cordele, GA. Great experience. Very clean, huge room, the staff friendly and breakfast the next morning, not great but enough to get me on the road again.

Room Tip: Picked a room away from the highway and freeway. It was perfect for noise level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had booked this hotel based on decent reviews and the price. Bad idea! The outside looks very nice, the lobby is ok but not as many antiques as the website photos show. They talked up the breakfast but it was no different than any other place to be honest. They gave us room 112, avoid this room! The key card would not work (3 of us tried) so I went back to the lobby where she scanned it again. She claimed I must have put the key card next to my phone and wiped it. I then brought it back to the room to try again. I tried and then my husband tried, after a while he finally got it to open. Once inside we saw the carpet had a stain, the air vent was rusted, and the bathroom had a little bit of mold. Beside the toilet the wallpaper/wallboard was peeling from where they had worked on the plumbing I'm assuming. To top it off a drunken man started knocking on our door late that night. Very disappointed and would never go back there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a one-night stay as we were visiting an attraction in the area. Selected the hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. Room was very clean and staff paid attention to details, such as having air conditioner on before we arrived. Staff very friendly and hotel easily accessible from Interstate and major highways. Plenty of restaurants nearby, some within easy walking distance. Did not utilize pool, but it appeared well kept. Only two issues surfaced and they were both minor. The bed mattress was very high off the floor, giving my 5-foot wife a problem. Just the opposite in the shower as the shower head was low, making me bend way down and I am only 5'9". Still, would heartily recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We needed a place to stay on our way to Florida and this Ramada got great reviews. The price was right so we decided to check it out. The lobby was lovely with lots of antiques. The staff was very friendly. Someone actually turned the AC down in our room which was a nice change from the hot, muggy day. The room was clean. The over-sized "office" chair (so large it had to be moved to open the door) wouldn't roll on the carpet as something was wrong with the roller wheels so it had to be lifted. The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety of food. Breakfast was available from 6-9. There were only a few people at breakfast and we were told that the watermelon workers come early to eat. The breakfast worker informed us that Cordele is the "Watermelon Capital of the World"! Wow! All in all, we were satisfied with our stay. We got a good night's sleep in a clean room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Cordele was a stop over point on our way to camp. The Ramada Cordele was very courteous and clean. We had a peaceful night and a great breakfast the next day. They have a pool and had we stopped a bit earlier my daughter would have loved to enjoy it. However, we were late getting in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife found the Ramada in Cordele, a late night stop on the horrifically long drive to Wally World. Although she claimed the hotel had "nice reviews," the Ramada name told me everything I needed to know. Against my better judgement, I agreed--unfortunately--to allow my skin to touch anything in this decrepit dump.

While this place isn't the dirtiest place I've ever stayed, it is actually the penultimate spot on the list. Upon entering the room, I found myself searching for a way to describe its aroma. The closest thing I could come up with is "wet nursing home."

Nothing, and I mean nothing, in the room looked like it had been updated in the last twenty-thirty years. The bed made me think of a funeral home. They don't even have beds in funeral homes--what does it mean?!

As you've probably guessed, the bathroom was a pure delight. Adorned with an AC vent covered in rust that actually ran down the wall. The tub and sink were apparently sealed with boogers? I'm not sure, but it didn't look good. This is the kind of place where you wouldn't dare set your toothbrush down, out of fear in contracting an unknown disease.

The lobby has a bunch of antiques for sale, for some reason. Or maybe it's a museum, displaying all the artifacts left behind by guests who were devoured by the crawling funk and spiders in the rooms.

There was a spider on my pillow, by the way. This place sucks.

• Stayed: June 2014