“BEWARE”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Rome, Georgia
“BEWARE”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel staff was VERY nice. That being said, the rates are NOT what are posted on their website!! I booked a double room for somewhere to stay that was close to my wedding site. I was looking for cheap with good location. I booked a month in advance and was quoted a price of $35.00 a night ..... very cheap! When I got here they tried to charge me $50.00 a night ..... too much of a difference! AC is horrible, decor outdated and furniture needs to be thrown out because its lumpy and worn out. I was in room #4 which does have two bathrooms. One of them has a toilet and a sink, the other has a tub/shower and a sink .... no outlets in the bathrooms for hair dryers though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tina74682002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We were on our way to Helen, GA and took a wrong turn - We pulled into the first Motal we could find. We checked into two rooms next to each other and were offered a discounted price of $30 for each room - They were also kind enough to inform us that we really did not need to rush out. Before we left, they gave us not just directions to Helen, but also advice on the places to visit as wells as stay. We were so happy to have gotten lost and ended up at this motel for several reasons - Service, Clean, and did we mention Friendly People!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Email M
Atlanta
Reviewed 18 November 2011

A nice family owned an operated motel. Very dated rooms. It feels like staying in a motel from the 1960's, but it is clean and comfortable. I liked the retro decor.

Room Tip: The owners will negotiate room rates
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 June 2011

From a giant, squashed, dead bug in the bathroom to not enough toilet paper to last two people 14 hours, I found myself disappointed in this affordable, but not-quite kept-up motel.
On the good side, the sheets were white and clean and there was an air conditioner (albeit a very loud one). Otherwise, it was a little run-down and there were some maintenence issues that should be attended.
It was ok, but not a place I enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grillus19

Travellers are raving about these Cornelia hotels

alpharetta
Reviewed 17 May 2011

it is worth the cost you pay. i compared the rates of all other motels in nearby area and found this one is lowest with all good facilities which we generally expect in any room. clean, spacy, cable tv, phone, wifi everything.

management staff seems to be very kind and helpful all the time.
no issues at all.

Room Tip: i stayed in non-smoking 12
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank jp123Alpharetta
Oakland, California
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I worked as a contractor in Cornelia for five days and needed a place to stay, so I picked Skyland Motel. The motel is not a franchise but sure it is in a very nice location and chipper then any motel or hotel around it. The rooms are clean and nice almost like new. I also went to Helen Georgia witch is only about 20 mins away from the motel. I do recommend this motel to others if you want to save some money. I'll sure stay there again if I go back.

Room Tip: Try # 10 non smoking room
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Laylow7870
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Super 8 Cornelia
Baymont Inn & Suites Cornelia
Days Inn Cornelia
Days Inn Cornelia
#1 of 1 in Cornelia

Been to Skyland Motel? Share your experiences!