“Excellent hotel”

Hampton Inn Cornelia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were in town for a friend's wedding and were excited to learn this small town had a Hampton Inn. With secure inside access to rooms, the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom, and free hot breakfasts the Hampton brand can't be beat! The Cornelia Hampton Inn is top-notch and I highly recommend it. The atrium is pretty and even with everyone eating downstairs, our room was peacefully quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Used HH points for this stay and for 10K points/night you can t beat it. Only stayed overnight but the clientel here were friendly. Quick friendly staff also. No issues at all. A safe place to stay. Clean hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel staff were very sweet and friendly. I remember talking to three different people and they were all so sweet and helpful. The room was nice, the bed was so comfortable, everything was clean, and breakfast was excellent. I traveled there for work, I plan to stay there again when I go to this area next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my second stay at this property, and I was looking forward to many more as it is the "nicest" hotel in the immediate area. However, on this recent visit from 8/29/13 - 9/3/13, I found several bug bites on my body, with several in the typical bedbug "breakfast, lunch & dinner" grouping, which made me realize these were not mosquito bites.

I discovered a bedbug under the bedskirt on the morning of 9/3/13. I took the bug to the front desk clerk and presented it to him very politely, even giving them the benefit of the doubt that it might not be a bedbug, but that I did have multiple bites and showed him a photo of a bedbug for comparison. He apologized, told me he would call the exterminator and offered to comp my room. This was very acceptable.

I had gone back to my room to finishing packing and received a call to come by the desk to have my bill adjusted. At this time, there were two people at the desk that I had not met, who turned out to be the GM and assistant manager. An apology was offered and my bill was adjusted for one night only. When I questioned this, the GM said he could only comp one night. I contested this, stating that I did not find that fair since I was going to have to delouse my belongings. He stood firm as his tone of voice became stern and he said that was all he could do. I found that surprising and stated that I would contact the corporate office with my request, also commenting that I found this an odd policy when I could easily take my complaint to the internet. He took this as a threat, shoved his card at me, stated he would refund my entire stay only and stormed off.

Upon expressing my shock at the treatment I received to the front desk cler,, I was told that the GM was having a bad morning. Seriously? And this is ok? I think not. I asked the front desk clerk to contact me with the exterminator's report. I also said I would be happy to pay the entire bill if they found it was not a bedbug. This I was not able to communicate to the GM before he stormed out.

Later in the afternoon I did received a confirmation email and polite note from the Assistant Manager apologizing for the bad experience and confirming that it was indeed a bedbug. She stated that this was the first instance and they were taking the necessary precautions.

2  Thank Pyewacket13
hamptoncornelia, Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This three story Hampton was a very pleasant surprise. Located just off four lane Routes 441 and 23, near the small town of Cornelia, I chose it mainly because it was in the north Georgia mountains and I wanted to explore that area. But, it is very attractive, with an atrium lobby bordered by three interior hallways overlooking it. The lobby is the breakfast area - quite spacious and nice. All rooms are off the hallways. Mine was very good size and comfortable and had all the usual amenities. The staff was friendly and easy to talk with. They really made you feel at home.
Nearby is the attractive very small town of Demorest, site of Piedmont College, the overly alpine tourist town of Helen, Tallulah Gorge and miles of National Forest. Cornelia itself has an attractive historic downtown, with the Cornelia Railroad Depot Museum in the restored depot, next to the 'Big Red Apple' monument. A few store fronts are empty and a popular restaurant that had been going for more than 30 years has closed, but it still has the classic 50's style Fender's Diner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roamin88
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Cornelia Hampton Inn is a great hotel with fabulous staff! They were always there to help with forgotten items or even provide granola bars for the ride to the airport when we did not have time to stop for lunch. The rooms were large and comfortable and the pool looked very nice if I had had time to use it! I did use the gym though, and it was nice to have machines on site. Breakfast was really good with healthy options such as fruit and yogurt and oatmeal to pastries, eggs and potatoes. Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay at this clean and quiet hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Best hotel in town!!! I have stayed at all the others and this is the only one that does it right the first time. These people know service everywhere else is just a place to sleep. We only stay here anymore!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We appreciate the time and effort it took to write a TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at Hampton Inn Cornelia, Georgia. Friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings is our commitment to our guests! At Hampton Inn Cornelia we strive to let our guests have the best experience possible. Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Holiday Inn Express Helen
#4 of 18 in Helen
Super 8 Cornelia
Super 8 Cornelia
#2 of 4 in Cornelia

Been to Hampton Inn Cornelia? Share your experiences!