“Not up to Hampton Inn Standards” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cornelia

Hampton Inn Cornelia
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not up to Hampton Inn Standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is under going a renovation and is in desperate need of it. I am not sure if the rooms being renovated, but they really need it. Our socks were brown from the dirty carpet, the room smelled terrible, and the bathroom had brown caulk all over the place. The bathroom also did not have a vent fan, so when you showered the entire room turned into a steam room. Overall it was a disappointment and not up to the normal Hampton Inn standards. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, so this review is no reflection on the folks that work at this hotel. The did the best with what they had to work with.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you and your family experienced during your time with us. As you stated,we are undergoing renovations and we appreciate our guests' patience. Again, we apologize for all of the issues but we hope to see you return in the future, so you can enjoy our upgrades. Thank you for the compliments on our staff. We appreciate your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calhoun Falls, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was beautiful to awaken and see the beautiful North Georgia Mountains and the quaint little towns. The hotel is secluded from the road and you hear no traffic sounds. It is easily accessible to shops, little town business and overall it was a great experience. The breakfast was very good and the hostess made you feel she was there to do anything you asked. Very courteous and everyone greeted you with a smile and very big welcome.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptoncornelia, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you here. We appreciate the time and effort it took to write a TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at Hampton Inn Cornelia, Georgia. Friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings is our commitment to our guests! At Hampton Inn Cornelia we strive to let our guests have the best experience possible. Thank you for staying with us, and for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit!
Ball Ground, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were in town for a friend's wedding and were excited to learn this small town had a Hampton Inn. With secure inside access to rooms, the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom, and free hot breakfasts the Hampton brand can't be beat! The Cornelia Hampton Inn is top-notch and I highly recommend it. The atrium is pretty and even with everyone eating downstairs, our room was peacefully quiet.

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Used HH points for this stay and for 10K points/night you can t beat it. Only stayed overnight but the clientel here were friendly. Quick friendly staff also. No issues at all. A safe place to stay. Clean hotel.

Cornelia, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel staff were very sweet and friendly. I remember talking to three different people and they were all so sweet and helpful. The room was nice, the bed was so comfortable, everything was clean, and breakfast was excellent. I traveled there for work, I plan to stay there again when I go to this area next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Rachel N
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my second stay at this property, and I was looking forward to many more as it is the "nicest" hotel in the immediate area. However, on this recent visit from 8/29/13 - 9/3/13, I found several bug bites on my body, with several in the typical bedbug "breakfast, lunch & dinner" grouping, which made me realize these were not mosquito bites.

I discovered a bedbug under the bedskirt on the morning of 9/3/13. I took the bug to the front desk clerk and presented it to him very politely, even giving them the benefit of the doubt that it might not be a bedbug, but that I did have multiple bites and showed him a photo of a bedbug for comparison. He apologized, told me he would call the exterminator and offered to comp my room. This was very acceptable.

I had gone back to my room to finishing packing and received a call to come by the desk to have my bill adjusted. At this time, there were two people at the desk that I had not met, who turned out to be the GM and assistant manager. An apology was offered and my bill was adjusted for one night only. When I questioned this, the GM said he could only comp one night. I contested this, stating that I did not find that fair since I was going to have to delouse my belongings. He stood firm as his tone of voice became stern and he said that was all he could do. I found that surprising and stated that I would contact the corporate office with my request, also commenting that I found this an odd policy when I could easily take my complaint to the internet. He took this as a threat, shoved his card at me, stated he would refund my entire stay only and stormed off.

Upon expressing my shock at the treatment I received to the front desk cler,, I was told that the GM was having a bad morning. Seriously? And this is ok? I think not. I asked the front desk clerk to contact me with the exterminator's report. I also said I would be happy to pay the entire bill if they found it was not a bedbug. This I was not able to communicate to the GM before he stormed out.

Later in the afternoon I did received a confirmation email and polite note from the Assistant Manager apologizing for the bad experience and confirming that it was indeed a bedbug. She stated that this was the first instance and they were taking the necessary precautions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pyewacket13
hamptoncornelia, Manager at Hampton Inn Cornelia, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know.
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This three story Hampton was a very pleasant surprise. Located just off four lane Routes 441 and 23, near the small town of Cornelia, I chose it mainly because it was in the north Georgia mountains and I wanted to explore that area. But, it is very attractive, with an atrium lobby bordered by three interior hallways overlooking it. The lobby is the breakfast area - quite spacious and nice. All rooms are off the hallways. Mine was very good size and comfortable and had all the usual amenities. The staff was friendly and easy to talk with. They really made you feel at home.
Nearby is the attractive very small town of Demorest, site of Piedmont College, the overly alpine tourist town of Helen, Tallulah Gorge and miles of National Forest. Cornelia itself has an attractive historic downtown, with the Cornelia Railroad Depot Museum in the restored depot, next to the 'Big Red Apple' monument. A few store fronts are empty and a popular restaurant that had been going for more than 30 years has closed, but it still has the classic 50's style Fender's Diner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Roamin88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Hampton Inn Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Heidi Motel
Heidi Motel
#5 of 19 in Helen

Been to Hampton Inn Cornelia? Share your experiences!