“would stay again”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cornelia
DANVILLE
“would stay again”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

There were a few pieces of hair in the tub and bathroom floor. Noise from the hallway could be heard in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
LILBURN
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Disappointed the indoor pool was not heated. To cold for kids to swim. Also told when booking room that it would have queen beds but found out that all the rooms with two beds are double. The rooms were nice and clean, good breakfast. Impressed that manager allowed us to have a small birthday party for my 3 yr old in the breakfast room. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were trying to take a nap on Friday afternoon around 4:00 and the cleaning ladies were in the hall talking very loud for a long while. I don't know why they were having to talk so loud for so long. We put the Do Not Disburb sign out so we never had room service or anyone enter our room during our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

FREEHOLD
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I enjoyed my brief stay and would visit again if in the area. I'm not liking this rejection of my review of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

1 Thank TIMOTHY D
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband decided to play in a golf tournament in nearby Clarkesville at the last minute which left me scrambling to find somewhere to stay. I found the Baymont and also noticed the good reviews online so we booked - booking online is cheaper. The Hampton is next door for $40 more but really what could the huge difference be between the 2? We were hesitant, you know a random hotel off of an exit and all but it was quite pleasant and we had no complaints. The pool was broken but things happen I suppose. Breakfast was perfectly fine and the staff was beyond friendly every day. Especially Jamie (red hair). Not only was she super fun and friendly to us but I noticed her being very sweet to an elderly couple. We've never stayed in this area and really enjoyed it. I definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi suite was nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam S
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I was looking for a place within 20 miles of Helen, GA for our 1 year anniversary getaway weekend. This inn had good ratings here and on other sites and the photos looked good, so I went ahead and booked for one night (a Saturday). We arrived at about 2pm and asked if the room might be ready early, but the desk person told us that the hotel had been fully booked the night before and none of the rooms would be available until 4:00pm (normal check-in time). We were a bit disappointed, but went on into Helen and had a wonderful afternoon of shopping, eating and walking. When we got back at about 9pm, the room was nice and cool. The bed was EXTREMELY confortable (we had a King) and the room was very clean. The mini-fridge and microwave were spotless as well as the bathroom. We had a very enjoyable evening, using the indoor pool (water was a bit cold and no clean towels) and later celebrating our special night with our favorite sparking wine and chocolates bought at Hansel & Gretl Candy Kitchen (see separate review) The only spoiler for us was a large group of people loitering right outside our window, talking late into the night. We were on the second floor just above the main entrance, but we could still hear them talking. They were not loud or obnoxious, but it was a small annoyance. We did call the front desk, but they did not answer. There was also NO clock in the room, and when my BF called down to the desk to request a clock radio, we were told most people just use their cell phones or computers. We are older, and still like a clock radio, so I guess we should bring our own. The front desk did bring us a small clock radio to use. :-)
The next morning we went down to breakfast at about 8:30am. The spread was decent, biscuits and gravy, waffles, sausage patties, french toast sticks (these were hard, probably sitting out too long) and cereals, breads, juices and fruit. Coffee was good, and the food was plentiful. The hotel was crowded as was the dining area, but the staff kept tabs on the tables and service area. We were not as happy when we got back to our room to shower and get ready, the maids began knocking on our door at about 10am asking when we were leaving...we paid until 11am and we were going to stay until then! We got ready and were out of the room by 10:55am, and on check out were told the the network was down so they could not run my card or give a receipt. I was told they would email a receipt later. We did head out, but had to return when we discovered my BF had lost his promise ring. The desk clerk was very nice about it, and gave us a key so we could go back and check the room. It had not been cleaned yet, and we found the ring just under the bed. All in all this was a pleasant stay, but I would suggest a couple of things:

-Clean towels by the pool area, or at least more available at the desk in the evening.
-Hooks for robes, etc in the bathroom, behind the door or by the tub.
-Clock radios in the rooms for us "old fogies" who don't have fancy smart phones.

If you are looking for a clean, friendly inn with nice beds and a good breakfast, this place will do nicely. It is near a lot of stores and restaurants, about 20 mins. from Helen and easy on/off of a major road.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the entrance are less noisy. Bring your towels down to the pool, they don...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie M
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I would recommend this hotel. This hotel was fully booked for the 3 nights we stayed there in 6/2012 but never had a problem with an overcrowding experience in the lobby or at check-in. The check in staff were helpful, efficient and courteous. There is a computer in the lobby with free Wi-Fi, but the attached printer did not work. However, the front desk clerk willingly printed out our boarding passes for our flight home. The free Wi-Fi in the rooms worked on the 1st floor, but not the 2nd. The rooms were very clean which is very important to me. Our king room was just the normal size, but our daughter had a suite and it was very large and equally clean. The room had a nice size refrigerator and microwave. We had broken wall socket and it was repaired quickly. Breakfast is provided with your room, but I would only call it average. There was a waffle iron and the usual items for a continental breakfast. I think it could be improved with the addition of omelets and a better selection of fruit. Overall, if I were in the area I would definitely stay there again. Cleanliness and good room prices is a great combination.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LH123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelia
Hampton Inn Cornelia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#2 of 18 in Helen

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Cornelia? Share your experiences!