“Worst place I have ever stayed”

Home Towne Studios - Covington
Home Towne Studios - Covington
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Newberry, South Carolina
“Worst place I have ever stayed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was the filthiest place I have ever stayed. There were roaches and other bugs crawling all over the room. The walls had holes and only one of the lamps worked. There was no shower curtain. The other guests looked like they either had recently been released from prison or still belonged in one. I did not feel safe. The room was $40.00 per night and I would not stay there again if they paid me $40.00. I would rather sleep in the car.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChipB8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

When my daughter my husband I arrived It took me five hrs to clean my room.I didn't complain I had nowhw else to go.I found evidence of drug use under the beds roaches and food behind frigde.I was horrified.it is the cheapest extended stay so I'm mkn it work.I don't trust the maids or or staff.I prefer to clean my own room.I'm better off.my first week should have been free.I took pictures to document any statements I made today.I have never complained about any buiness in my life.

• Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Covington hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Once again you get what you pay for. Not the best place I've ever stayed not the worst. A/C worked, water was hot pillows were small and flimsy. Thank goodness we had our own.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Spoiledkittycat
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

They were ok to start with but if you find yourself in hard times your better off living in your car. There have terrible customer service. If your planing to stay here DONT PLEASE!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Lee D
indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

Never again will I stay at this hotel. From the time I pulled up, I knew that I was ready to leave. When I got there to check-in the lady at the counter had my personal information available for a guy that was checking out to see and ask me about where exactly I was from in Indiana, which really ticked me off. Then I go to my room, it smelled really bad and the tub was very dingy and dirty, like it has built up soap scum, the bag of dishes that I was given for me and my children were very stained, we never used them. When I was leaving the hotel to meet some friends in Atlanta, this guy walked up to me trying to get me to buy some perfumes that looked like they were stolen. Later in the evening when I came back to the room, remind you I had my 3 children with me ranging from 5-11, when I finally got them to go to sleep, apparently there was a big party going on upstairs because there was loud music and people outside drinking almost the whole night, believe me I was watching out the window at my car. Needless to say, as soon as daybreak came, I got my children out of that hotel, I was sitting outside of the office before they even opened, I left Georgia and went to my family in Tennessee's house.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank mondenise
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2007

The wireless Internet worked really well (however they don't have hardwired..). Cornerstone is the only hotel in Covington with a kitchen and this saved me lots of money not eating out all the time. The hotel was new, I think, but much better than the "old motels" at the same intersection on I-20. Bring your own shampoo!

• Liked — Great value, best hotel in Covington, needed wireless internet
  • Disliked — no daily maid service
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank andrea55555
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2006

I live in the area and I can tell you this place is known to let drug users live here paying on a week by week basis. This is NOT a safe place to stay for anyone to stay for any reason.

Stayed October 2006
7 Thank dd170
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Travelodge Covington
#7 of 15 in Conyers
Hampton Inn Conyers
Hampton Inn Conyers
#2 of 15 in Conyers

Been to Home Towne Studios - Covington? Share your experiences!