“Beautiful house, wonderful food and hospitality!”

The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Covington B&B and Inns
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Beautiful house, wonderful food and hospitality!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I will start out by saying this was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and I was thoroughly impressed!
The house is beautiful and has been restored to it's original time period. Obviously there were things that had to be done to keep the property to code but these were hidden as much as possible. I love that the sprinkler system in the house is hidden. The house is full of antiques that help maintain the wonderful atmosphere. I am not personally a crystal chandelier type of person but the one in the dinning room is beautiful and fits the house perfectly.
The house was vey quiet. We had the room right by the main doorway and never heard other guests coming or going.
Nicole and John were examples of true southern hospitality. I was staying with two friends one of whom recently had foot surgery. We had originally booked a room on the third floor. As it turned out, they were able to switch our rooms so we could be on the first floor. I was also thankful as I have arthritic knees! Breakfast was wonderful! Although I loved the cream cheese and fruit stuffed French toast, my friends wanted plain French toast and Nicole was happy to make it for them. We were able to get a fold away bed as there were three of us in the room. John anticipated our needs and walked in with the third set of towels as I was about to go out and request them (remember we switched rooms). We did have to pay extra to have a third person in the room but that should be expected it causes extra work for housekeeping.
Although we were staying for the Vampire Diaries Eyecon, Covington is a quaint town by itself. There is the town square, the old cemetery, and lots of great old houses all within walking distance. It is only 30 odd miles from downtown Atlanta if you want more to do.
Overall, I had a great experience and have already recommended that my friends and family visit Twelve Oaks!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
TheTwelveOaks, Catherine, Assistant Manager at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 September 2015
We're so honored that you chose to come stay with us for your first bed and breakfast experience! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review. I loved to read how you felt like your needs were anticipated and you were able to stay on the first floor. We hope you'll come back to stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The house is absolutely beautiful and John and Nicole are amazing hosts. Previous five-star reviewers are spot on with their thoughts so I can't add too much.

We stayed at other similar B&B's on our trip through the south but none of them compared to Twelve Oaks. Not even close!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us! We're so glad you loved your stay and were welcomed by the staff. We can't wait til you come visit us again!
Sharon Springs, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Everything is perfect, the breakfast, the rooms, the grounds and the owners John & Nicole are really nice people and are very accommodating. There are lots of things to do within walking distance. If you love old southern architecture this house is a must.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We love to hear back from our guests and we're so glad that you loved your stay. We hope you'll come back to stay again!
LaFayette, Georgia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have to wonder if the other people who have reviewed this B and B have been to many others? It is a beautiful house with a lot of charm. The town is wonderful too. Now for the nitty gritty...The breakfast we were served consisted of biscuits and more biscuits...only one type of juice, no tea ,only caffeine coffee, no fruit, eggs etc. Rip off for the price we paid. Our room was stifling . It only had one vent up by the 13 ft. ceiling and the thermostat was set on 74 when it was over 90 outside you do the math. The owners stood over us the entire happy hour and breakfast (we were the only guest) so we could not just bond by ourselves while we had one night and two days away from the kids. This was a real let down. We have stayed at many B and B's in the US, Europe, and Canada some not as pretty as this but we never felt like we could not just relax and catch up as a couple until we stayed here. Pretty but they need to improve the breakfast, adjust the air in the summer months and back off the guest.

Room Tip: Bring granola bars to eat after the skimpy breakfast, go in the fall or winter so you do not melt in...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cam102
designernicole, Owner at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that there were things you didn't like. We try very hard to make sure that everyone has a wonderful stay here and has everything they need or want. We have a different home cooked meal each morning for breakfast. It sounds like you may have had Creamy Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, a grand tradition here in the south... very filling for most folks. I was asked for the recipe earlier this week and most people love it, but we understand that everyone is different and sausage gravy, like grits, doesn't appeal to some people. We would have been happy to make you something else if it wasn't something that you liked. We do have decaf coffee and a selection of teas; I am sorry that you didn't realize that and we will do better to let our guests know that those items are available. On that note, we have a snack bar open 24 hours a day with sodas, a Keurig coffee maker, and snacks such as muffins, popcorn, chips, danishes, etc. (all complementary). I wish you could have stayed more than one night; perhaps the breakfast the following day would have been more to your liking. We even take breakfast requests; so if you ever find yourself back this way, let us know before you come what you'd like and we'd be happy to make it. We installed all new HVAC systems throughout the house when we did the renovation and the thermostats are kept at 71-72 degrees; perhaps another guest changed it. I wish you would have told us during your stay; we would have been happy to adjust it so that you were comfortable. I am also sorry you felt like we were talking with you too much; we can usually tell when someone would like privacy. Many guests are interested to learn more about the house or where they should go to dinner and have questions about the area and we are happy to answer those or to leave someone alone if they aren't asking questions. We are busy most of the day and breakfast and wine and cheese hour are a good opportunity to meet our guests and answer any questions they may have. I really wish you would have told us about these things during your brief visit; we would have liked to have the opportunity to address any of your concerns and make sure that your trip was wonderful. We truly care that each person that comes here has an incredible time and we work hard to make sure our guests have all that they want or need.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I stayed at The Twelve Oaks from 10-12 October. We had the Cannon Ball Run suite and Steele Magnolias. The rooms were beautiful, tastefully decorated, beds and bedding were heavenly!
Nicole and John were wonderful hosts, coming out to greet us personally and introduce themselves.
The breakfast was amazing -stuffed French toast!! Delicious!
Thank you for a wonderful stay at your beautiful home!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michkin
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for your wonderful review! We love to hear back from our guests and we're so glad that you had a fantastic stay. We hope you'll come back to stay again!
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I recently enjoyed a lovely stay at Twelve Oaks during my college roommate's wedding weekend. The owners were warm and welcoming; I felt completely comfortable during my visit. The house is unique and beautiful, and I couldn't wait to share pics with my friends back home. I would urge others to try Twelve Oaks if you're looking for Southern charm and hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time out to write about your stay! It was so nice to read about how you couldn't wait to share pictures with your friends. We are so glad you loved it and we'd love for you to visit again!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was part of a large group of girls who visited Twelve Oaks last week for a bachelorette trip. Twelve Oaks is absolutely gorgeous both inside & out. Every room is different & decorated beautifully. The bathrooms are especially eye-catching - lots of marble & beautiful tile work & chandeliers everywhere. We booked several rooms & since it was mid-week, we pretty much had the run of the house.
Our visit could not have been better. Nicole & John were extremely accommodating & did everything they could to make our visit a blast. John even came & set up a TV in the common area upstairs so that we could watch a video that the groom had taped for the bride. They also did a wine & cheese service that we all enjoyed. For breakfast on Friday, Nicole had made a delicious breakfast of stuffed French toast with berries - it was just the hangover cure we needed. We weren't the rowdiest bachelorette group I've ever been in, but even so, they were very accommodating - I never felt like we were in someone else's house or that our giggling & general merriment was anything other than welcome.
I shared a room with my sister during our stay & we fell asleep planning how we would come back for my bachelorette party.

Room Tip: My sister & I shared the Steel Magnolias Room - the bed was super comfy & the shower is huge...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caroline W
TheTwelveOaks, at The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 September 2015
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review with us! We're so glad you and all the girls in your group had a lovely time staying with us and felt right at home. We can't wait til you come stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Hampton Inn Covington
Travelodge Covington
Travelodge Covington
#5 of 9 in Covington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!