“Worst cupcakes ever!”

Floyd Street Sugar Shack
Covington, Georgia
“Worst cupcakes ever!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I buy cupcakes for my employees fairly often. I saw this place and gave them a try. I got a dozen mixed flavors. Not one of my employees was able to finish a cupcake, as they were dry and lacked flavor. They actually seemed as if they were old. I waited a few weeks and tried again, hoping it was just a fluke. I purchased different flavors, but got the same result. It's unfortunate, because this is a very cute shop and with the right baker, could be successful.

• Visited October 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Queen of Desserts”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

O.K. folks. If you've missed the little Sugar Shack at Noring Farms on Floyd and Molly's Corner, stop what you're doing and go there immediately! Chris creates, she doesn't just bake. All of her desserts cause an "oh my God" reaction. Our most recent experience was cupcakes for a birthday and every single one of the 8 people who had the pleasure said they were the best they'd ever had. Honest! We had pumpkin spice, blackberry, chocolate strawberry and praline-pecan ( I think I got all those right!) We have also had Chris's key lime ice cream (heaven) and key lime pie at Milazzo's. Thanks Chris and Brett!

• Visited September 2013
Georgia
“Amazing cupcakes from the Floyd Street Sugar Shack”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

A brand new place in Covington with the best cupcakes I've ever tasted. When I realized that there was a new place next to Noring Farms on Floyd I "friended" them on Facebook and watched daily photos of cupcakes with flavors like chocolate peanut butter, lemon creme, pina colada, bourbon pecan chocolate, chai latte, mint chocolate chip, carrot cake, chocolate cherry, lavender honey, strawberry champagne and key lime. I looked forward to seeing each day's flavors and finally went in this week to try them out. Friends had birthdays this week, so I stopped by to make choices and Chris boxed up two cupcakes in a little box to take to each friend for a little something to celebrate their special day. I tried the strawberry champange and it was fantastic. Chris also makes the desserts for the new Milazzo's in Clark's Grove and friends raved about her tiramisu cake and her key lime pie. This is the third cupcake place I've tried in the area (Covington/Porterdale) and they are, by far, the best cupcakes. When I was there, ladies had just left the Blue Willow in Social Circle and stopped by the Sugar Shack to pick out their cupcake for dessert.

• Visited April 2013