“Hateful lady at front desk”

Americas Best Value Inn Covington
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Lady working front desk, (Connie) Was rude, hateful, and down right ugly. Tried to call someone in a room and she wouldn't even connect me to the room. Need to improve on the people working at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another motel
Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Dianne C
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Covington

Reviewed 4 August 2012

How this "motel" shows up on any travel website is beyond me. The lady at the front desk was as nice as she could be. Gave me a "non smoking" room, which smelled of smoke, so she gladly switched me to the room next door. This hotel was gross, but I did not expect much. The problem was that there were strung out people and "ladies of the evening" hanging around, and the person in the room next to me was tripping out on some sort of substance. I quickly left the hotel and went across the street to the Days Inn. The man at the desk was not shocked at all when I told him what I experienced at "America's Best". Go to Days Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank ironjenn
connie k, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your concerns during your stay with us. If you had called the front desk concerning the customer next door, we would have gladly moved you to another room. As long as we hear complaints about the property, we try to immediately take care of the situation.

If you are ever in the area again, Please stop and give us another chance.

Management

Reviewed 3 March 2009

I got stuck in a rare Georgia snow storm and pulled off the Interstate to find a place to stay. This was the first motel I saw, and I checked in. It proved to be a good choice.

First of all, the desk staff was cordial and professional, making me feel as if they were glad I had chosen them.

My room was very clean and the furniture, drapes, carpets, and bed clothes appeared to be new. It contained a king sized bed, table and chair, large TV, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, and an iron & ironing board. The bathroom had a marble enclosure around the bathtub, unusual for a motel in this price range. The room was very comfortable.

There were several restaurants nearby and a Waffle Shop was directly across the street.

The continental breakfast consisted of donuts, a variety of muffins (which were fresh and delicious), and coffee. An improvement would be providing real milk for the coffee instead of powdered creamer.

I was surprised that the motel did not provide Internet service. Since this stay was more or less an emergency, it was not a determining factor this time. I would not return, however, unless wireless Internet service were available. For many travelers, myself included, the availability of Internet access is a necessity and most motels of this caliber provide it.

Other than the lack of Internet service, this motel was very pleasant and my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank sldkjf2
Reviewed 3 May 2008

This is the WORST place I have ever stayed in my life! My hubby and I still laugh about it... I would not even take my clothes off to sleep in the bed. We REFUSED to use any bedding other than the sheets. I refused to walk on the carpeting. I almost didn't shower, but Thankfully I had my own beach towel in the trunk and I used their towels on the bathtub floor and also to make a "towel path" on the carpeting to get dressed afterwards. I wouldn't sit on the toilet seat either. The table had a two inch strip of greasy grimy black gunk all the way around the edge. The door had previously been pried open with something and the chain was reconnected to the door frame. It's a good thing we weren't expecting much when we just needed a place to snooze for a couple of hours and it was already midnight. Honestly it really was BAD.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank curlycocunut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Super 8 Covington
Jameson Inn Conyers
Jameson Inn Conyers
#12 of 15 in Conyers
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Covington

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Covington? Share your experiences!