“nice for the price”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Edenton, North Carolina
“nice for the price”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

we'd been traveling for many hours from north carolina, and had gotten off at every hotel between augusta and covington to ask for a dog-friendly room; an hour later, this was the first place that told us they allowed the pooch. at this point, and especially after reading some of these reviews, we were ready for anything, but in our exhausted state we figured we really wouldn't care. however, we were pleasantly surprised, as the room did not reek of smoke, nor could we hear any other guests through the walls in the adjacent rooms. the beds were clean and sizable, the bathroom clearly wiped down, the shower had plenty of water. staff was quite friendly, both at our late check-in and our departure the next morning. no issues, and we'd stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank m c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times before, never had a real problem. For the price I cannot complain at all. I booked it on priceline for $52 a night for 3 nights. I booked a one king bed room and I did end up with a king and a double bed, which was perfectly fine to me and my fiance. The only true problem I would say existed would be the bathroom. The tub spout leaked, I mean more than a drip and the toilet tank lid was not the right size. Not sure but I may have seen a little bug first time I went in there, but haven't seen one since. There was a washcloth left hanging on the shower head, which I have just left hanging there. No problem staying here. Other than the minor problems in the bathroom it is a nice place to stay for the price. Everywhere else cheaper is a major drug traffic place. Though I would like to not, their sheets rotate around the hotel so if you get a non smoking room and sheets are burnt a little don't think anything about it. Plus, they kind of just keep ashtrays everywhere because the majority of people who stay here are out of town construction people and locals who smoke so every room will have a smoking smell. So go to Super 8 if you are picky on that.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are a little quieter and on the backside you hear less traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlustgirl92
Stockholm, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This place isn't worth it at all. We reserved a non smoking room via expedia and they gave us smoking. When I brought up the issue to the lady at the desk she was rude, told me I did not book a non smoking. I had a reciept and showed her what I ordered. She gave me new keys and it went down hill from there.

Room condition:
The vent in the ac unit smelt like mold
The fridge would not get cold
The drain the the bathroom would not drain

After talking to the owner he admitted they were busy that previous weekend and DID NOT CHECK THE ROOM.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pikagirlrose

Travellers are raving about these Covington hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This place could use some fixing up. The bathroom was pretty run down and my mattress had body indentations it was so old. The worst part was the walls were so thin I could hear the guy in the room next to me every time shifted around in his bed. Shampooing the carpets wouldn't hurt either. My feet were black after about 20 minutes. Would not recommend unless you are on a tight budget.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The place is rundown which you might expect at that price. It was fairly clean. The biggest problem was that the walls are so thin we could hear the people next door talking in normal conversation. If you end up next to noisy people it could be a long night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Super 8 Covington
#5 of 9 in Covington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Covington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Conyers

Been to Days Inn Covington? Share your experiences!