“Great Cajun Food”

R L's Off The Square
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Cajun Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Love eating at RL's. Food is always excellent in a great environment. True Cajun cooking with a nice kick.

• Visited December 2013

Georgia
“Stupid Good”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was a little difficult to find and didn't look like much from the outside. Both Yelp and TripAdvisor had good reviews so we looked hard for it and went in regardless of the outside appearance. We are really, really glad we did. Nice ambiance inside. Great service. Absolutely fantastic food. Other reviews will tell you the same. I'll add a couple of interesting points.
1) There was no salt or pepper on the table. I asked for some. The waitress smiled and said she'd bring some out, but to try the food first. One bite and I understood what she meant. There was absolutely no reason to add salt or pepper to the food. It was perfect as is. So perfect that they don't even have salt or pepper on the table.
2) The menu is dominate with Cajun food. I'm not a huge fan and wasn't really in the mood. I got the filet instead. It was fantastic. The only steak I've had that was better was at Bones. So, yes, that good.
3) Great fish. I think the ability to get fresh fish, season it correctly and cook it to perfection sets restaurants apart. R L's knocked it out of the park. The seasoning was good but didn't overwhelm the fish and let the natural goodness of the swordfish prevail. It was perfectly cooked... not over or under cooked.
We will be back there soon!

• Visited May 2014
“Exceptionally Delicious”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My son and his family, two kids ages 15 and 11 and his wife, and I ate at R L's for dinner May 15, 2014. This was my second visit to this restaurant. We had a variety of dishes, including the Jambalaya, Bronzed Shrimp, Crawfish Pasta Alfredo and a couple of grits dishes. The verdict was unanimous that everything was in a word, delicious. Maybe that's not quite adequate: exceptionally delicious would be better.

When we arrived, we were seated promptly and a very pleasant waitress came immediately to take our drink orders and to welcome us to the restaurant. In the dining room where we were seated, there were only two other tables in use and no one in the entrance bar, so the crowd was small.

After a few minutes we ordered, and within 15 minutes the waitress began to bring our dishes. Not an unreasonable wait time at all. The food tasted fresh, hot from the stove, and quantities were ample. My son had the Jambalaya and took some of it home for the next day.

My only mini-negative comment is that after the meal was served, our waitress was a bit slow to return to ask if anything else was needed and to see if all was OK. As we finished, there were only three other customers sitting at one table, and there were three people at the entrance bar.

We had a nice corner table and were able to have conversation without distracting noise.

Other than the service observation, RL's food was truly exceptional. Will I return? You bet.

• Visited May 2014
“Best Food in town”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has incredible food! I eat here as often as possible and everything I've tried so far has been great. Fried green tomatoes and the crawfish Po boy is my favorite. The fries are so different than anywhere else I've tried. If you're in the area, it's a must try!

• Visited January 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Probably the best jambalaya I've ever had. The service could have been a little faster and friendlier but the food more than made up for it.

Visited April 2014