“Rustic”
Review of Heavy's Barbecue

Heavy's Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is about as rustic an eating establishment as I have been to, but, the BBQ was very good. The place looks to be a combination of an old hunting camp and an antiques store. Definitely an interesting stop to grab a bite.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a good experience. If you're looking for candle light and roses, don't stop but sweet tea, loaf bread and good bbq ribs, you'll find.Nice folks, friendly, fast service. I'm not a fan of brunswick stew but the portion was hearty. Maybe if it was over some rice like the hash I'm used to. The bbq pork wasn't the best I've eaten, not the worst. I got a pork plate and my boyfriend got a rib plate, we shared and it was a bountiful plenty. The ribs fell off the bone. It's where "Sweet Home Alabama" was filmed. One of my favs so it was good enough for Reese.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Please, take my advice and listen to the posters before me who left negative comments! Although this is the only place to eat in or around Crawfordville - it is worth the drive to look elsewhere. The outside of the restaurant is kitschy and neat looking, but the interior is hot, very dusty and not well kept. The sweet tea that we were given was spoiled, the bbq sauce was as stated by someone else "funky," and the food was all but inedible (except my freshly made french fries). We threw it in the trash and drove on to Thomson, GA. I'm told that this used to be a great place, but it has gone downhill in the last several years.

2  Thank Clockbandit
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This place is more than interesting! First the people who own Heavy's and the food are awesome! There's nothing more that they could do to make it better! You gotta love the family that runs it. Very nice and friendly! Hard working people with a family owned business that has been passed down for years! Great bbq, great brunswick stew, chicken smoked perfectly, slaw is freshly made, great fries, and the best homemade desserts! When you get your plate, it is filled to the max. Carryout plates are available.
Even if you don't like barbeque, brunswick stew or coleslaw with pickles, then one of their other specialties is one of the best hamburgers or hamburger steaks around.
Now, when you drive up to this place, you will begin to be taken back in time to a past that will never be forgotten. The outside is only the beginning. The inside is old sweet home! Your children can see first hand original antiques that will only tell them how unique the past was in America and how we have progressed through the years. Antiques from the civil war days and a picture book that show's the details of a scene of the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" was made.
My husband and I discovered this place as we were working in the area of Crawfordville, Ga. We were blown away as to how unique this place was with such awesome food. If we are anywhere close to Crawfordville, Ga. or I-20 we stop by just to bring food home with us. We live 1 1/2 hours away.This reveiw comes from us taking our family down to Heavy's. It was a success!!!! They too loved it and said it was definitely worth the trip. They bought t-shirts! We can't wait to take some friends down for the whole experience. This will be on our list of great places to eat!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I love traveling and finding the BBQ joints that are part of america, each has there own style and taste. This place, in the middle of nowhere has all of that, great look on the outside, shack, old trucks and farm stuff, loved it, got the pork plate, served with slaw and stew. Enjoyed it all, was different from the norm, but done there way, pickles in the slaw, pepper in the sauce, stew was creamy, meat was tender. Just go and enjoy someone elses version of BBQ, I go with an open mind and hope to learn something. Open your taste buds, try something different an then go back to your favorite..each there own, and I enjoy the experience