“Nice hotel - almost a 5/excellent but not there yet”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This HI Express is really nice. The hotel is spotless, updated decor, nice workout room and has several restaurants close by and and some in walking distance.

My only complaints are as follows:

1) The modern chaise lounge in the room was not really practical as another reviewer pointed out. If two people sat on it, it would be totally worthless. Give me a cushy chair with an ottoman, a love seat with a coffeee table or a recliner!

2) The wifi was kind of annoying. I had to keep signing in on my iPad & iPhone and with my laptop it took me a couple of full boot-ups & shut-downs to get online. When I was online, there weren't any problems.

3) The breakfast area was not up to snuff compared to other HI Exps. There was no fresh fruit or fruit of any kind for that matter, no knives, no Equal sweetener and the coffee was between warm & hot instead of hot as coffe should be.

I would probably stay here again based on the alternatives in the area but I would bring my own fruit and eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia

Reviewed 11 May 2012

They let me check in and get my key 1 hour before the room was ready! Great move:) This place is in the middle of everything!! You want it or need it, it is here. Everything in retail and restaurants. It was near everything I could possibly want. Plus, it's right off of 400! The check in was smooth. Everything I needed was handled without a problem, including a late check-out. I called the desk at 10:30 and they told me to take until 12:00, no problem:) Very well done!

Room Tip: I was far from the elevators. It was pretty quiet, other than room doors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2012

great experience. Very clean with excellent staff. Frankie and Melody made every accomadation we needed to have a wonderful stay. More than what I had hoped for. Close to restaraunts and entertainment. Pool was warm. Southern hospitality was in great supply here. Would highly recommend!
Kim

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Nothing really outstanding here. A decent hotel. Beds & pillows not overly comfortable. Noisy A/C cycle. Bath had the dim lighting. Room was clean and nice enough furnishings. Wifi was fine. Morning breakfast room was too small as the food area an the tables were too close to each other. Food choices were ok. Was close to many eateries and shopping within walking distance of a few and close to the main highway and easy access to 400.

Not bad but nothing special.

Room Tip: Don't be in a room near ice machine. It's noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The hotel is in a great location, near the plaza, Wal-mart and others.
We had a king suite that was large and roomy and comfortable.(Great nights sleep)
Everything was neat and clean. I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vionner
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I called this hotel directly a week before arrival and was ensured that I would get a two bed suite. I also asked for a high floor, away from elevator, all vending machines and road noise as I am a very light sleepr. Upon checking in at 4:15, I was told there were no high floors that in fact my room was on the first floor. I was VERY unhappy w/this especially since I had made my reservation directly over the phone. Not only was my room on the first floor, they gave me a HANDICAPPED room right next to the elevator, vending machines, housekeeping, AND fitness room plus directly across from a meeting room. I was awakened at 7:15 the next morning by blaring TV noise - I was told on checking out that this had come from the fitness room. The breakfast was terrible. We were there 40 mins before the breakfast was supposed to end and there was very little to choose from: 3 cereals, one egg, automatic pancake machine did not work - PATHETIC. I had to ask the attendant for more eggs and she said there was some there - yes, ONE. She gave me ONE more and did not refill the egg container. No apologies from the front desk for the room, the blaring noise, the lousy breakfast. I will never, ever stay here again. Not a good first time experience w/this chain. I'll stay elsewhere in the future - especially for the expensive rate and it was AAA! Front desk staff was very apathetic - pitiful!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank busymom2028
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed just one night, but would recommend this hotel to others. Its located off of the main road (across the street from Northside Hospital) It is in a busy area with plenty of restaurants, stores (including a high end outlet down the street with 50 stores or so)
The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly. The room was nicely decorated and the bathrooms were modern and clean with granite countertops. Their is free wi-fi, a restaurant that serves a good sized continental breakfast including bagels, muffins etc.. There is a fitness room and an indoor pool.
There is no bar nor do they serve dinner or snacks but there is a restaurant right next door.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Hampton Inn Cumming
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Cumming/Johns Creek
Cumming Extended Stay Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia? Share your experiences!