“Nice enough for my wife - then pretty good!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Victoria, Texas
“Nice enough for my wife - then pretty good!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

It is hard to find a "clean enough" hotel for my wife.... a bit of a germ freak. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and it has been acceptable. Wish the beds were a bit softer, but the rooms are nice and it is definitely convenient to the freeway (400). The breakfast is decent too, as they have eggs and sausage, or biscuits and gravy, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here and they are renovating. The room I got, the jacuzzi tub did not work. That was after they had changed my room already because of a problem with another room. They offered to move me at eleven o'clock at night.

I paid cash and yet tied up my funds on my debit card for four days. The following week the manager tried to appease me after her employees had screwed up my entire stay and my bank account. The manager is great, the guy who was working at night could care less about their patrons. He told me to call my bank about the charge on my card!!! Thanks buddy for the help.

I wouldn't recommend staying here until they are finished with renovations and then pay with a credit card only. Not cash or debit card.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Barb H
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Ms.Barbara Hill, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize that our night auditor was not more receptive in showing you how the jacuzzi works in your room and the mix up on the debit cards. The debit card rules are set up by the bank issuers and we always try and always advise guests that debit cards are handled differently to credit cards The manager has credited points to your Choice Privilige account as a gesture to recognize our desire to provide satisfactory service

I trust that you feel that this was an isolated incident and that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in to our hotel in the near future

Kernersville, NC
Reviewed 4 May 2012

All the way from exceptional efforts in booking of reservation to a friendly, sincere smile at departure the staff at Comfort Suites Cumming made a substantial contribution to what was an enjoyable trip. (Pet room availability was a big plus.)

Room Tip: Although not a frequent traveler, all factors considered, I feel Confort Suites is very worthy of co...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
harrypr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide a great lodging experience while staying herein Cumming along with the fact that we are pet friendly too!
Woodbury, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Typical stay...on business north of Atlanta. Chose Comfort Suites -bc of location. Hotel has been renovated. Owner obviously reinvesting some of my charges. Clean bedding, lighting excellent, bathroom...old but not dilapidated...shower was refreshing after long day---renovated w/in recent past. Yeah...when in the area worth it, of course not a five star but a good three to four.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
harrypr, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for honest review of our hotel. We strive to offer value for money, with our renovated rooms along with a free hot breakfast and free wi-fi. Please keep us in mind when your travel plans call for a return trip to our area

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was booking 2 rooms for my brothers - we were all coming in from out of town as a surprise to my sisters who lives in Cumming. I was a little hesitant with the unfavorable reviews from some time past but based upon recent good review gave it a try. The rooms were very clean, the hotel was quiet and the staff very friendling and helpful. I had looked at the other hotels very nearby and they both required pay in advance no refund for a rate slightly higher than the one at Comfort Suites with no such stipulation. Could reserve with credit card and cancel as late as 6:00 p.m. on date of arrival. Will definitely stay here again. Didn't eat the hote breakfast so gave this 4 stars just because I couldn't comment on that aspect of the hotel

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank darkroots
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor. we appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions and that you enjoyed your stay with us

thankyou
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My husband and I appreciated the wonderful service there during a four day stay in February. All personnel were very willing to help in any way, were extremely pleasant and seemed to go out of their way to provide excellent service. We have stayed there many times, and we have always found it a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drsharp4
Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stray with us. We appreciate the honest feedback and that you enjoyed our ameniites along with a free hot breakfast . Please keep us in mind when your travel plans call for a return to our market
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I had a long day of work and all i wanted to do was have a nice hot shower in a clean nice room and that's what i received and more. The staff was very hospitable and friendly and the room was in excellent condition. I talked to the front desk person and they actually sanitize things that never are cleaned by other hotels, like remotes and toilet handles. I checked too, and i did smell the Lysol. lol. Given my overall experience here, i would recommend this to anyone looking for a great hotel for a decent price. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We work hard ensuring that all of our hotels have a safe and pleasant stay and want to thank you for noticing. We hope you spread the word to family and friends who wish to stay in the Cumming area and look forward to seeing you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia
Hampton Inn Cumming
Hampton Inn Cumming
#1 of 5 in Cumming
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Cumming/Johns Creek
Cumming Extended Stay Hotel
WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Alpharetta
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!