“Tired, mediocre property (lovely staff). SKIP IT”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cumming
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

While prominently posted as "No Smoking," we didn't even cross the threshold of the first room as it REEKED of ashes. The desk clerk seemed genuinely abashed & found us another room (with some effort on her part).

Room #2 smelled of Asian take out food (really; we thought of just leaving, but had already paid via Hotels.com); getting the AC going cleared the air shortly, albeit after some effort to get it going. Later, we found the TV didn't work (not the remote, but the TV, even plugged into an outlet just checked with a lamp). The desk clerk offered to summon someone, but advised it might take a while. As it was after 10 & we were beat & in bed, we said "skip it.'

That's what we recommend about this hotel & what we'll do hereafter: "SKIP IT."

That clerk, though, is a person I'd hire for sales - in a NY minute.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ken D
harrypr, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies that we did not get you checked into a room where everything was to your satisfaction. We do offer alternate rooms regardless of the booking source.We appreciate your postive comments about our staff. We are in the process of upgrading our property which will be completed in 2013

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were moving to Cumming, GA and needed a hotel just for one night before the Closing. We chose this hotel as it was pet friendly and not very far from our new home. It is very nice, clean and convenient to everything necessary. We didn't want to leave our dog in the room, so we had picked up a salad at Ingles, and ordered out for pizza....yummy. The only negatives were a slight musty smell when we first entered our room and the breakfast was just mediocre. However, with that said, it was a great find and we were very pleased. There were no "doggie" odors in the lobby like we experienced at another pet friendly hotel recently. Beds were comfy and bathroom was very clean with nice towels. The afternoon desk clerk (female) was very friendly, efficient and accommodating. The early morning desk clerk (male), was on his cell phone, and didn't seem that interested in his job, but no big deal. All in all, very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review and I trust that your closing was successful and that you have settled into Forsyth County. We appreciate your feedback and that we could accommodate your family and our pet designated rooms too

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My biggest problem here, and the reason I'm writing this review, is the lack of customer service. My wife and I were in Cumming with a friend to do some hiking and stayed the night here. We got a king bed that was reasonably comfortable, but there were only four small sized pillows on the bed. I have back problems, so I needed a bit more support than just two pillows (two for my wife), No problem, I thought, I'll just ask for more. I went down to the lobby and asked Raj at the front desk if I could have two more pillows for my room. He then told me that a king bed had six or eight pillows. I told him that my room had four pillows, and then he quickly corrected himself and said yes, king beds should have four pillows. He then told me that four pillows was enough for a king bed and that he didn't have any more pillows to give me. I was a bit shocked, so I just went back to my room to go to bed. As you might expect, I didn't sleep well between having two small pillows and a rattling air conditioner (which, really, I might not even have noticed had I been able to sleep more comfortably).

Overall, the room was reasonably clean, I had plenty of towels, and the person at the front desk in the morning was very polite. I just find it shocking that an employee would refuse my request for a couple more pillows and then tell me that I had enough as it was. Don't tell me that I'm wrong about what I need to sleep comfortably. If it's company policy (and if it is, I would strongly suggest that management change that policy; I've gotten more pillows at Hampton, Candlewood, Hilton, and other hotels without a problem), then just tell me it's company policy and apologize. This poor customer service led to a poor experience with this hotel on my part.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. Our apologies that the additional pillows were not made available when you initially had made the request. I will share thi response with Raj so that he knows of the situation and how to handle it better the next time this siutation arises

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was a comfortable hotel located right off of 400N in the middle of everything. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. They had a wonderful male front clerk Mr. Raj that was very helpful. My room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent review of our hotel . We appreciate the feedback and that we are offering great value for lodging in the Cumming area. I wil pass on your kind remarks to Raj, our Night Auditor

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Very nice Hotel with EXTREMELY FAST internet. Close to Atlanta with a lot of nice restaurants in the area. Free breakfast. Clean rooms. Have a very nice stay every time I go there. I think it has the best price for a good Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We recently upgraded our internet speed with our local vendor and we appreciate the positive feedback

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. We had a very enjoyable stay for the two nights we were there. The breakfast was good and satisfying. We would recommend it to anyone that may need to stay in the area. We will be returning there when we visit the area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us when visiting your family in the area. We appreciate the positive feedback and that you will stay with us when you return in the Fall

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is yet another great hotel. Very clean and very friendly staff. There are more food places in walking distance to mention. Enough parking for a few big trucks. Very comfortable beds. One of the best lobbies I have seen yet!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hve recently completed the renovation of our lobby and breakfast areas with new furniture and upgraded lighting along with a brand new business center

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumming
Hampton Inn Cumming
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!