“Good food at reasonable prices.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ridge Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 266 Restaurants in Cumming
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cumming, Georgia
“Good food at reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I enjoy going hear for their early bird specials from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. It's a good place for a tasty but inexpensive dinner.

• Visited December 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Horrible food, horrible service, creepy owner!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

The food at this place has been consistently overcooked, dry, and just plain terrible. The service is almost as bad - from rude bartenders to servers who forget your orders, save your money and go somewhere else, anywhere else! Also, we've seen the owner a few times just lingering around tables and seemingly making people uncomfortable - very creepy!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“could be so much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went this past sunday and I was glad that my expectations were low. I loved the atmosphere with the roaring fire and the sinatra music playing. The booths were comfortable and the view was nice out behind the restaurant. But several things made it tough to justify going back again.
First thing was the ceasar salad was very limp because it was served on a plate that was freezing cold. Too cold, like it had come out of a freezer. Nice idea to serve salad in chilled bowls but this was unpleasant. The next was the opposite problem. All our entree dishes came out burning hot. My 6 year old burnt his hand on his plate that required icing it at the table. Nuts to serve a children's meal on that hot a plate. Let the cheeseburger be a little cold!! We never did receive a children's menu and there are no choices on the adult one, but we knew he wanted a cheeseburger so no big deal. That problem is the main reason I am writing this review for people to be aware if they go with children. The server warned us the plates were hot but 5-10 minutes later they were still impossibly hot.

They were out of many different cuts of steak (we went the sunday following Valentine's Day so am sure this is a rare occurance) But I normally love a ribeye and was happy to order it. It was decent, not great but ok. A little too much grizzle and a little thin for my preference but cooked perfectly to order. The rolls they offer were a large Pillsbury crescent type roll with a drizzle of a sweet butter (?) on top of it. I would not pay for a basket of them to start the meal but they were tasty if you like crescents.

The desserts looked very good and the portions we saw were huge.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you are not a regular, this place is not for you. We arrived at 5:50 and we were told it was a 30 minute wait. 45 minutes into our wait, inquired about the status of our table, we were told we were next, then the hostess proceeded to ask me if they sat us now, would we be done at 7:45 b/c they had a reservation at that time. I told her I didn't know that there would be a time limit on how long we would be eating dinner. Once we were sat, out server looked like she had worked 2 days straight, her hair was a mess and her shirt was wrinkled, and then she asked "do you want something to drink?" Duh, of course we do! Gave drink order and she walked away, so much for an appetizer order. She dropped the drinks off and asked "are you ready to order?" Something I would expect at Taco Bell, NOT at a higher end steak house. We ordered and asked for some of the yummy croissants. After about 5 minutes of ordering, our food arrived, very very hot plates. So makes me believe that food was on plates in the window getting dried out, not sure about that, but did not appreciate that a very hot plate was served to my 7 yr old. Food arrived, still no croissants, half way through the meal, the server came over to ask how things were, still no croissants, I really can't complain about the food, except the "sticky" cheese mashed potatoes, as my son called them. Server brought our check when we were done, so much for dessert and personality. Not afraid to say that I left a big fat zero for tip. Not going back to this place ever again. I would suggest that if you don't know the owner, don't go here!

North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“great place to eat not a steakhouse chain.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have eaten here every Christmas Vacation for the last 6 years. the steaks ,ribs and seafood are fresh and wonderful. it is very clean as are the restrooms. they do have entertainment but at night and only on the weekend. Please bring a pocket flashlight to read the menu as their one problem is it is very dark in there. food and service are wonderful and everything is cooked fresh . For those who eat early they do have early bird specials but be sure to ask for the early bird menu.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Proud V

Been to Ridge Restaurant? Share your experiences!