“Great time at the Park Place Hotel!!”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Suwanee, Georgia
“Great time at the Park Place Hotel!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My Mom and I stayed at this hotel (really a motel) for 1 night for a fun getaway. paid 122 for a nice one-bedroom unit. Very small!! People complain about NYC hotels, and this one was even smaller, but very functional. The motel is adorable, and steps from shops and bakeries. The front desk girl was very nice and accomodating. The room had a tiny tv (only complaint) and an ample sized bed and bathroom. Great stay! The only thing lacking is a pool, which in 90 degree GA, is a nice thing. Try it, though, and you won't be unhappy!

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking the city square with a nice courtyard
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Park Place Hotel. Our room was very nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We did have a couple of small complaints. On the first morning, the staff made our bed, but did not empty the trash by the bar or replace our dirty wine glasses with clean ones. Other than that, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We checked in on Monday which is a very slow day for this 13 room motel. The location is excellent, only steps (maybe 90 steps from the main square). Parking was in back. The parking is public and free and accommodates about 24 cars. There is a similar free parking lot across the street that will accommodate twice that number. So there is no problem with parking. The property is renovated and very clean. I said this is not Manhattan . I doubt if any hotel here has a restaurant, pool, spa, room service or butlers. Dahlonega is a small tourist town in the boonies of north Georgia. I wouldn't give the hotel 4 stars in Manhattan. But here we think this hotel/motel is worth the money and a 4 star rating. The rooms are arranged on two floors with outside entrances. One side faces the center of town and the other faces the parking lot. We were on the first floor facing the town. But our room #4 had a view of a storage unit. Not good. All of the other 3 rooms on our side have better views but ours was the only one with a king bed on this level. Our room, actually 2 rooms, a living room and a bedroom and a very large bath was quite nice. Our greeting was friendly and the staff was helpful. We would come back and stay here.

Stayed July 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my first time in Dahlonega and staying at Park Place Hotel. I didn’t know exactly what to expect, but must say things couldn't have gone better! Right when I arrived, I was warmly greeted by the manager, Creston, who had accommodations ready for me on point. I mentioned that I was in a hurry because I was running behind due to Atlanta traffic (shocker!) and Creston immediately helped expedite the process, making for a smooth and easy check-in. The inside of my room was amazing, equipped with what I would call a 5 person Jacuzzi, a comfortable King bed and an electric fireplace. I was able to see some of the other rooms from my wedding party – and each one had their own personality and was well decorated with their own personality. This property is located in the heart of downtown so imagine my excitement that I was able to walk everywhere, especially after an 8 hour drive. The hotel takes great care of their guests and I would recommend Park Place Hotel to anyone and everywhere who is traveling to the Dahlonega hills.

Room Tip: All of them were great, but mine was called the St. John's. Would recommend this to anyone!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Great location in downtown Dahlonaga Georgia and very clean. Some things didn't work but was fixed. Cost should have been half at best. Bed slept great. No parking in the hotel area not donated to public. How much more can I say?

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ginger B
Ellenwood, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We must admit, when we discovered that our favorite cabin was booked....we were a bit afraid to try another property. A hotel seemed out of the question! I ended up choosing Park Place Hotel because they offered a 2 bedroom suite and we wanted some privacy on our vacation with the kids. Dahlonega has always been a favorite getaway spot for us, just under 1.5 hours from our home in Atlanta. I love the mountains, history, beauty, shopping, and of course the people! Park Place Hotel exceeded our expectations - a surprising find located right in the town square! Steps away from all the shops, restaurants, and of course the Gold Museum! When we arrived and located a parking spot, it took us a moment to find the hotel's office, (located on the backside of the hotel). The office was locked and empty! A scary start to our experience - it was not long before the attendant returned and welcomed us, giving us our key and directions to the room (Georgian). The room was a complete delight! Lovely décor with all of the modern conveniences! There was a separate living room with sofa and flat screen television, small angled hallway setup with 2 bedrooms and bathroom. The bedrooms each had a large (very comfortable) bed and window (no views here, but you ARE in the square!) The bathroom was clean w/updated amenities.The room also features a small refrigerator and microwave for those who wish to 'rough it'! I do suggest a trip to Gustavo's while staying here - just steps away from the hotel in the town square, it offers some of the best pizza you will find!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was my 3rd time to stay at the Park Place Hotel. Very convenient to town. Every time
I have visited the rooms have been very clean. The staff is very helpful. The maids are friendly and do an excellent job. The beds are very comfortable. Plan to come back.

Peggy W.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!