“Great hospitality...”
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I felt like I was at home at Park Place! Walking distance to many shops and restaurants in Downtown Dahlonega. The green space out front with the patio furniture is a great place to unwind after a long day! Great experience and wonderful place to stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Taylor C

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice hotel in Dahlonega, GA to be our base for a few days of hiking, canoeing and just relaxing. This was the perfect choice. Great room within steps of restaurants and shopping on the square. Enjoyed sitting on the patio and relaxing. Will definitely return in the Fall to see the leaves.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We opted for a suite, since we were staying two nights. The room was great! The only dislike was that the front office closed at 5pm. We were told to call the hotel number and someone would be by. Luckily we didn't need anything. I'm not sure how far they would have had to come from to get to us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheri W
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed one night. The hotel is renovated with hardwood floors and a newer bathroom. It is in a great location for shopping, dinner or the wine country! The staff was wonderful! We would definatedly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Sorrento and paid $199 per night. To be honest, I wanted to book the holiday inn express or the quality inn down the road, but they were all full. For $223 (tax included), I expected a whole lot more. I concur with the other reviewer saying that the walls are thin. I could hear people opening the door to their bathrooms. With that said, I heard EVERYTHING going on with my next door neighbors. Sadly, my next door neighbors did not understand the concept of being considerate. Their child was screaming in their room at midnight AND seemingly they were all awake at 8am because I woke up to kids running up and down the balcony and of course, the screaming.

The room was nice and the sheets were very very soft. The set up was nice, but don't expect the Ritz. It's more like someone's apartment room. The mini fridge in the room was empty with exception of two mini size bottled water. Honestly, they could put out regular size water if they are charging that much money. Maybe in one bag of snacks?Also, the coffee that was in our room is set to expire in 1 week. I hope they check the expiration date before recycling it to the new "residents."

The carpet was drop dead dirty. You can see stains on the carpet and the couch. There were no slippers; no toothbrush; and no toothpaste.

Also, I asked if we could check out a little bit later knowing full well that their check-in time is at 3pm. But they said nope, they can only do 12. Frankly, they could have at least inquired about how long we wanted to stay. We were really thinking about 12:30-1 because we wanted to change before heading out to visit the winery. We ended up changing in the car.

Lastly, the girl who telephoned me because I was checking in later than normal was very nice! She knew that it was the holiday weekend and reminded us to make a reservation for dinner. She set up our room and told us what to so when we get there. She was great! All in all, I would have been alright with the place if the rooms were cheaper.

The location of the hotel is great. It's right on the square and it's super super convenient. But, its definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Allison N
Reviewed 18 May 2014

"The Georgian" room at the Park Place Hotel provided the perfect location for our overnight getaway vacation. We arrived at noon and our room was already prepared for us. The check in was simple and we were shown to our room which was almost an apartment! It offered 2 bedrooms, each with a comfortable queen size bed.

There is a nice living room with a comfortable couch that folded out into an uncomfortable queen sized bed. The flat screen was not huge, but it was fine for us! We weren't there to watch a lot of television. A small area off the living room offered a compact fridge, bottled water, sink, real wine glasses and cork screw and a small table.

The bathroom offers a jacuzzi tub/shower. The toilet was in a separate little closet like room.

The week night price of $199.00/ $223.00 with tax seemed extremely fair to me.

Outside of the rooms, you will find a terrace with tables, chairs, umbrellas and a fire pit. At our request, they built a nice fire for us. They had skewers for marshmallow roasting if we had some.

Our location was an easy walk to shops and restaurants.

I will be returning again for an overnight er at the end of May. Our overnight stay was perfect!

Room Tip: I liked being on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SharronLL
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for one night. Our room was nice, clean, and pretty well appointed. I think it was a little pricey, but it is right off the square, and really close to everything. If it were not for the other two couples we were with staying here, I would have looked elsewhere. We also went to bed and woke up to people in the next room talking as if they were standing next to us. I wonder what you heard us doing! Nice, but not worth $190 a night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ScubaStuke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!