“Beautiful property; rooms aren't quite what I think of as "Resort"-quality.”

Dahlonega Spa Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2012

First, I should make a disclaimer that we were just looking for a hotel and were having a hard time since it was peak season. (Most B&Bs required a 2 night stay.) So, we didn't take advantage of the spa treatments or the yoga on the front lawn.

The property is beautiful. It's especially nice to just sit on the front porch and look out over the N Georgia mountains.

The rooms are a bit disappointing. They're clean, but nothing special, and certainly not what I'd expect in conjunction with the "Resort" title or the price of the room. It seems like the room has been relatively recently refurbished, but they could have worked on the quality a bit more. The bathroom floors are linoleum and there is only a relatively small pre-fab shower. (I don't require a tub, but I would think that many who want to go to a "spa" also want to be able to relax in a tub.)

I think the price is a bit high for the quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is a beautiful place to get away for some R&R. While I had a fantastic facial from Rose, I wasn't as happy with my massage. Dining on the property, it was average at best and priced too high for what it was. Doubt I will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I just returned home from an amazing getaway at Pure Vida Spa Resort in Dahlonega, Georgia. This was my first time visiting Dahlonega and it was my first time visiting a Pure Vida property. All I can say is that everything I seeked was satisfied beyond my expectations. The rooms are immaculately clean and inviting. I loved the fact that there were no televisions or phones in the rooms also, it truly made for a relaxing weekend with no sense of time or a schedule to adhere to. The property is absolutely gorgeous!! There are beautiful walking trails wrapped around the property, a state of the art yoga studio, a spa (in which I had the best massage of my life)!! I purchased the mountain package which included breakast. The meals were delicious and very healthy (yummy vegetarian options as well ;-) If you are interested in getting off the property and venturing into the surrounding areas, there are lots of beautiful vineyards in the area for wine tasting, pictures and romantic ambiance. Drive a little further and you and venture out and explore the mountains and beautiful waterfalls which the area is known for. All in all, a place anyone will appeciate to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives. I am so grateful to have had such a wonderful experience, I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. Didn't want to travel far. We both love wine and got a tip from another friend about the wine vinyards in North Georgia. Decided on this Bed and Breakfast basis on the Tripadvisor rating and reviews. They were are quite positive and I must agree after spending a week-end there. The property was beautiful, service great, friendly atmosphere, rooms- very comfortable. Loved the large pedestal sink in the bathroom. I found the beds to be comfortable and the large porch with rocking chairs(and a bottle of wine) was the perfect end to a day. And Quite... could not hear not one cricket. The town village is quint and a short distance from the Inn. There are good eating places in the village. I will be going back...with my husband next time. I'm not sure he can stand the quiet...there are no tv's in the bedroooms.

Room Tip: There are cabins on the property with TV's. We chose to stay in the Inn and loved it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bermudav
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We enjoyed 2 nights here last year to celebrate Valentine's day. It was a wonderful escape for us. At first we were a little nervous about a cabin with no TV but it turns out that is just what we needed and we did not miss it at all. We love the minimalist cabin. It's very relaxing. We enjoyed massages on site and several yoga classes. We dined at the resort for breakfast and two dinners. They were all divine!!! We enjoyed driving off site and hiking to a few nearby waterfalls. Don't miss out on the wonderful outdoor hot tub. Very relaxing!!! We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiwiGA
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed for two nights in November and totally enjoyed the relaxing ambient, vicinity of Dahlonega village and surrounding wineries, and massage treatment on property. Our room was clean and cozy, the staff was friendly and helpful and somehow able to to transcend the overall relaxing feeling. However the biggest surprise was the kitchen. We had to tell them ahead of the time that we will eat in, and had to pick our dinner from the supper short menu, which made us suspicious that they actually bring in the food. But in fact we enjoyed a five start dinner prepared on site, that was tasty and healthy at the same time. And yes they serve some local wine that is not Napa Valley but still very good. Overall - this a perfect place for a busy couple to relax and escape for a night or two.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N U
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our Atlanta Car Club had a weekend stay at this top-rate Inn & Spa. Beautiful scenic location at top of the hill; great front porch for hanging out & back woodsy area with get-together spots, fire pit, & trails. HUGE jacuzzi spa that's open 24 hrs. & unlike most properties, is actually kept at the right temperature & functioning year-round. Our package included breakfast which was excellent & very efficiently served buffet style. They even prepared special sugar-free items for my partner with diabetes.In good weather they will serve you on the large front porch. Dinners are gourmet quality. They also offer full spa services (massage, yoga, etc.). Our room in West Wing was spotless, good-size & with first quality linens. Average size bath but again, super clean. Every area inside is very tastefully decorated & appointed. Nicole, the manager, & her staff were extremely cordial & went out of their way to extend truly professional service. All in all, a terrific weekend getaway! Only small caveat: very narrow, badly paved 1-lane road from main road up to property.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alfarick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen

Been to Dahlonega Spa Resort? Share your experiences!