“Wow - just Wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dahlonega Spa Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
“Wow - just Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

A friend and I recently spent a long 3 day weekend enjoying the beautiful inn, lovely spa, gorgeous views, yummy foods, nearby fun and the super-friendly staff of the resort. It was so relaxing and we really enjoyed the hot tub too. The bartender Melissa recommended a new nearby winery - the Cottage, which was a nice add-on to 3 Sisters and Frogtown. We stayed in the Main Inn and never heard a peep from neighbors. I believe the Inn was also entirely full/booked. I enjoyed the luxurious bedding and the quiet remove from t.v.! I did sneak a few peeks at my tablet, which worked just fine while I was there and I was so blissed out I didn't even mind taking a call from the office (which also worked just fine on my Sprint cell phone). I will say that while my massage at the spa was excellent, the "spa" atmosphere of tea and potpourri and lounging about just isn't there. The 100 yard stroll back to my hotel room for further relaxation was not at all a chore. I made a pass through the absolutely gorgeous labyrinth and added to the relaxation. I also have to say that the staff of this place are so super cool - happy to chat with you about the coffee that they roast on site (from Costa Rica), their sister property (also in C.R.), the local "scene" or anything that you might want to gab about - just really friendly and laid back. True, there is no noise or t.v. or super-deluxe spa atmosphere here, but if a simple, friendly, relaxing weekend is what you are looking for (with wine!) then you have found your spot. Oh, and it is super squeaky clean too!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Main Inn and really enjoyed the proximity to the hot tub, breakfast buffet and chec...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friend and I attended a healing yoga retreat. It was an awesome relaxing getaway. The cabin was comfortable and quiet. The meals were wonderful and nutritious. The staff was warm and friendly. The cell service and WiFi was weak but better at the main house. It rained most of our weekend but the views were still beautiful. Wine service on porch was especially nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Paige J
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight and it was nice. But one night was enough - we need TV and a tiny, little, itty-bit of noise. We stayed in the cottage and the room was very clean and comfortable. It wasn't very spa-like or resort-like though. The tub was small for 2 - it was our anniversary :). Wish they would have had a romance package or had some special touches for guests celebrating a special occasion.

We ate breakfast and it was okay, not bad but not OMG. I would not recommend for kids, as they would be bored to tears (i was). The jacuzzi outside was covered so we couldn't use. Sandy the front desk person was GREAT! She was very informative and pleasant.

If you're looking for a romantic place to be pampered and feel special and have that romantic feel, I wouldn't stay here. We made the best of it though, and it was only for the night. But if you're a yoga person or want to just veg out and read and like zero noise and total serenity, this is for you.

This is a nice place though, very pretty and the employees were very friendly. I feel like this place has so much potential and was just a little disappointed. But it wasn't terrible or horrible by any means, just okay. Oh yeah, they offered us breakfast for $12 each. You could choose from pancakes, omelet, or pancakes and then turkey bacon or sausage and then yogurt cup with fruit and granola or fruit cup and then two types of toast, plus juices and other beverages.

They offered us dinner if $35 each. We ate in town instead. Also, yoga was $15 a person - we passed so can't comment. I would've at least included a complimentary session as part of your stay but they don't.

Dahlonega is great! Loved the little town. Eat the chocolate covered twinkies from the little chocolate place in the little town square - now that was OMG!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulaLaLaB
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

As we drove up Blueberry Hill, we passed an algae - covered pond. Then, we find that our friends, who booked within hours of us were put into a cabin way down from us. The restaurant was not even open till 7:30 pm and was overpriced ($35). The walls between guest rooms are not insulated at all to where we could hear every word next door, even though they were not loud. On top of that, the AC unit never cooled off the room. Courteous staff is the best part of the place. Not a good value, at all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kat M
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the moment we arrived to this happily situated resort, we were transported to a new world...a peaceful place away from the craziness of the city life. We were happy not to have a television or phones in our room. Instead we found ourselves going and exploring the resort and talking more. We went hiking and loved every minute of it. We ate breakfast at the resort and sat outside overlooking the lake and gorgeous lush view of their woods. It is close to Helen which is great! We were happy to get back from our shopping to a relaxing and beautiful place. At night, we would go downstairs and play game boards in the living room. We also danced in the main room to soft romantic music. The resort makes it very comfortable and personable for guests to feel at home and enjoy every minute of their stay. I am looking forward to going there again. It was a memorable experience! After our stay, my boyfriend proposed to me. It was that special. My fiance and I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucila L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This resort is absolutely gorgeous. The view is spectacular. My husband and I were spending a couple of days of relaxation.....massage and hot tub!! I could not wait to get to the hot tub!! We got to the cabin after dark. The cabin was nothing special, not what you would think for $200 a night. The alarm clock came apart when touched, but other then that it was "nice". $200 "nice" ah no. We are breakfast for $12 which I expected being a resort and all but the fruit was not ripe, there was more granola than yogurt and the egs were ok.
We spent the day in dahlonega and dawsonville came back and had a wonderful massage later in the afternoon. We want and ate dinner and came back with all intentions of soaking in the enormous hot tub. Couldn't wait!!! We turned on the timer and waited about 10-15 min for it to get hot. Thinking it might take time to get hot we went to sit on the front porch. We ran into one of the guests on our way to the porch and he told us that it was missing a part and would only get to about 82 degrees. Unbelievable!!! I had talked to these people 5 or 6 times before we even arrived, checked in, ate breakfast, arranged my massage and yet not one time did they inform me about the hot tub!!! Very unprofessional. We came all the way from mississippi for all the rest and relaxation only to have the one thing (a 4 and a half foot) hot tub not working!!! I was a little peeved to say the least. I left them a letter similar to this one and I would have thought someone would have called, written or emailed and apologized but I have yet to hear anything. Very disappointing!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Mspiggy69
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was my first trip to the resort but definitely not my last. The setting was beautiful, the view from the wraparound porch was spectacular. The food was amazing and very healthy. It was a plus that the room had no tv or phone, I get enough of those at home. My package was for a yoga retreat and the yoga instructor, Helen, put together a blissful weekend. The room was very basic but I only lacked a bathtub and more counter space.

Room Tip: My room in the main house was quiet but I heard that the rooms in the extension to the house had thi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Georgiatrav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#6 of 18 in Helen
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Dahlonega Spa Resort? Share your experiences!