“Remote, But Close”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Remote, But Close”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the MTL. It feels quite remote while driving to the top of the mountain, but you are within 10 minutes of activities and restaurants. Everything was really clean, comfortable and cozy. Our only complaint were the people above us - they seemed to enjoy moving furniture and getting in a 6am workout on both Sat and Sun while we were there. We stayed in room 11 which was in one of the outer buildings and I would definitely recommend the location, but perhaps in an upper room instead so that you don't have the possibility of noisy guests above. Other than that, we had a beautiful view from our cozy room and enjoyed our stay at the Mountain Top Lodge.

Room Tip: The outer building rooms are great, but I would get one on the upper floor to avoid any noisy guests...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracie M
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay despite the problem caused by the guests above you. Thank you for choosing the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Midland, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you are picky about where you stay, like me, don't stay here! Smelled like "Grandma's" house and low ceilings in main room (had to be 7") made me claustrophobic. The only positive about the place was that it was clean. Other than that, I don't have anything nice to say. I guess if you aren't picky it's fine, but if you are, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuperFab1000
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank you for visiting our lodge. I regret that it didn't fit your personal tastes.

I appreciate that you enjoyed our cleanliness and service. The rustic wood décor, local art pieces and antiques create a charming experience that so many people look forward and enjoy when they come to the mountains. The natural cedar-clad ceilings in the 1st floor bedrooms are 8ft (not 7ft as indicated), and the hallway is open construction approximating 9ft height. The large cedar-clad Great Room provides relaxing public space and the ceiling is 19 feet high.

It is difficult to respond to the "smell" comment. We use standard products (ex: sanitizing bleach, courtesy sprays for the bathrooms) but don't use any odor masking sprays (ex: Febreze) for the soft-furnishings (ex: rugs, furniture). Perhaps you were aware of another guest's perfume or cologne.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Paul Carmody, Inkeeper is welcoming and his B&B is a great place to stay. The large home is quaint and charming and its located in a picturesque area. The grounds are beautiful. The breakfasts Paul makes are delicious and the coffee is good too. You won't go wrong! Its quiet, relaxing, clean and the attentive hospitality you will enjoy! from L.Jacobson

Room Tip: We were in Room #7
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The stay was wonderful and the hosts were delightful. The breakfast was the best home cooked breakfast I ever had. Beautiful view and property. The inn was very clean and homey. Close to hiking and many small towns to visit.
Just a lovely place for a getaway. Another plus close to several wineries.

• Stayed September 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying the weekend at the Mountain Top Lodge and it was perfect. We have had a previously had a negative experience with a bed and breakfast in Helen did not know what to expect. Were we pleasantly surprised. The Inn and room were immaculate and the grounds well kept.
The Host/owner is a gentleman with a great personality and is a pleasure to sit and chat with. Not to mention he is a fabulous chef.

We will be going back and will recommend the Inn to everyone we know of who would appreciate all that the Mountain Top Lodge has to offer.
Georgia

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Loganville, GA
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed during the wine festival and although the wineries were crowded, Mountain Top Lodge was very peaceful. We were about 5 minutes from downtown but still felt that we were very secluded at the lodge. We stayed in room 10. It was definitely worth the couple extra bucks to stay in that room. The remote control fireplace and private balcony were great. There was also a huge jetted tub in the bathroom. There was a small fridge and little amenities like wine glasses, books, and coffee in the room that just made it extra special. The room was very clean. Also, Paul and his wife were very nice. They served a nice breakfast each morning of baked goods, fruit, and an omelet/quiche and breakfast meats. My husband and I had a great break from the rat race. My only minor suggestion is that the bed we slept on was too hard for our taste but it didn't affect our experience and we will definitely recommend the lodge to others!

Room Tip: Room 10 is worth it with fireplace, private balcony, and huge jetted tub!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I love to head to the mountains to have some needed rest for myself and do some local photography as my hobby. I wanted to find a special retreat of beauty and quietness for this special week. This bed and breakfast is just what was needed: a peaceful and incredible week. It is beautiful, and beautifully maintained. Paul, the innkeeper, was very hospitable, and quite the host and cook. Loved each breakfast, especially what one reviewer noted as the baked egg and cheese, along with fresh peach jam and biscuits, and views on a summer day. Everything as noted by other reviewers is true: the room, facilities, grounds were spotless; service was excellent as well. My room overlooked a balcony and I was delighted to catch a view of a mother deer and her babies one early morning. Paul helped with directions to places to visit as well. I will definitely visit again, but hopefully with my husband the next time. Well worth staying here at this gem of a place!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Lily Creek Lodge
Lily Creek Lodge
#8 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega? Share your experiences!