“Can't wait to return”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very nice property. Paul is very welcoming and provides a tasty breakfast, not to mention excellent coffee. Room was comfortable; bathroom is small but adequate. Our room had a door to the large wraparound deck. The views are beautiful. Less than 10 minutes from downtown Dahlonega, where there are a number of good restaurants and a nice music venue (Crimson Moon).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank P

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and had a great time! The location is awesome, it's truly tucked away in the woods. It was nice and quiet, and had a game room with a TV for entertainment. Paul made a great breakfast, and we're looking forward to coming back when it's warmer to enjoy the coffee on the wrap around porch!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was a great get away from the noise! Yummy breakfasts, relaxing Jacuzzi tub for two, beautiful mountain sunsets, and Paul the innkeeper was delightful! This is our new favorite spot to unwind.
Kay and Mel

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Arbordiva
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed a night in this lodge! This one is really in the forest, and so really quiet! Even if it was rainy, I imagined myself opening the window on the morning and enjoying the nature on the balcony. Rooms are clean and quite big. Bathrooms are quite old but it's not why you visit this lodge! The breakfast was really good and the owners are really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The location is nice. The rooms remind you of your great-grandmothers house. The rooms were clean. Breakfasts were not good, unless you like pre-packaged muffins, biscuits with no condiments, sausages from a package, all with a different sized egg dish that is the same each day. The inn keeper, Paul, was not the most hospitable person either, rather he was a bit difficult. It seemed his main goal was to get everyone out of the breakfast area as fast as possible as well as on check-out day. He also delved into his own personal business issues. I am an empathetic person, but sometimes when on vacation I may not want to hear about the proprietors legal issues. I personally would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I was surprised by your breakfast comments. We have a great reputation for our breakfasts with guests often giving compliments to the servers or to me. I'm not sure how long you were here, but we try to ensure that we never repeat an offering when someone is here for an extended stay. Each egg-based dish (ex: casserole, quiche, strata, French toast, etc) has a completely different recipe and taste, and is paired with different fruits and pastries.
- we serve biscuits with several condiments; I apologize if you were not served appropriately.
- our griddle-cooked sausages patties are selected for their flavors and are served in the top local eateries/B&Bs/restaurants.
- we usually purchase our muffins (bakery fresh) and are proud to reveal our provider when asked. We bake our own pastries for special occasions or when there are special dietary needs.

A bed and breakfast - like any business - runs on an operating schedule. We set staffing levels to complete work in a tight turnaround time (4 hours) with the goal of minimizing the inconvenience to the guests. We serve breakfast at 9AM and close the dining room for cleaning/set-up at10AM. The latest checkout time (11AM) and our check-in times (3PM - 8PM) meet the needs of most guests. If known in advance, we try to accommodate special arrival and departure times for a fee so that we can staff appropriately. Regrettably, there are times when I or my staff cannot rearrange our plans at the last minute because a guest is running late.

I have no recollection of any inappropriate conversations. Occasionally, the staff and I are asked personal questions or opinions about topics which are better left unanswered. I suspect this is the case. Lesson learned.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the MTL. It feels quite remote while driving to the top of the mountain, but you are within 10 minutes of activities and restaurants. Everything was really clean, comfortable and cozy. Our only complaint were the people above us - they seemed to enjoy moving furniture and getting in a 6am workout on both Sat and Sun while we were there. We stayed in room 11 which was in one of the outer buildings and I would definitely recommend the location, but perhaps in an upper room instead so that you don't have the possibility of noisy guests above. Other than that, we had a beautiful view from our cozy room and enjoyed our stay at the Mountain Top Lodge.

Room Tip: The outer building rooms are great, but I would get one on the upper floor to avoid any noisy guests...
1  Thank Tracie M
MountainTopInnkeeper, Owner at Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay despite the problem caused by the guests above you. Thank you for choosing the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you are picky about where you stay, like me, don't stay here! Smelled like "Grandma's" house and low ceilings in main room (had to be 7") made me claustrophobic. The only positive about the place was that it was clean. Other than that, I don't have anything nice to say. I guess if you aren't picky it's fine, but if you are, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

1  Thank SuperFab1000

Thank you for visiting our lodge. I regret that it didn't fit your personal tastes.

I appreciate that you enjoyed our cleanliness and service. The rustic wood décor, local art pieces and antiques create a charming experience that so many people look forward and enjoy when they come to the mountains. The natural cedar-clad ceilings in the 1st floor bedrooms are 8ft (not 7ft as indicated), and the hallway is open construction approximating 9ft height. The large cedar-clad Great Room provides relaxing public space and the ceiling is 19 feet high.

It is difficult to respond to the "smell" comment. We use standard products (ex: sanitizing bleach, courtesy sprays for the bathrooms) but don't use any odor masking sprays (ex: Febreze) for the soft-furnishings (ex: rugs, furniture). Perhaps you were aware of another guest's perfume or cologne.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#3 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega? Share your experiences!