Cavender Creek Cabins Resort
US$146
US$124
Days Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
US$143
US$132
Motel Inn(Dahlonega)
US$91
US$80
Quality Inn Dahlonega(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
Park Place Hotel(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
The Smith House(Dahlonega)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$130
Travelocity
US$127
US$122
US$84
US$78
Quality Inn & Suites(Dawsonville)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
All reviewsgas grillhot tubpicnic tablesbooked cabinback porchporch swingpond viewsaw deerfully stocked kitchennice fireplaceloft bedroomfew minutes driveclose to townspread outseven yearsdowntown dahlonegamaking reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The cabins are well-appointed, clean and relaxing with amenities to suit everyone. From a stocked fishing pond and fire pits, beautiful well-maintained grounds and a nature trail - to the hot tub and gas fireplace and grill. The lockbox (cabin key) allows you to come and go at your own pace. The surrounding wineries and the downtown Dahlonega area provide entertainment if you choose to venture out. We "found" them by accident a couple of years ago, and it's our first choice for a place to stay in the North Georgia mountains.

Room Tip: Either near the pond or the creek, furthest away from the entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Julesmtnrentals, Manager at Cavender Creek Cabins Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you found us by accident :))))! We love all of guest..so welcome to the CCC family.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We loved our stay at Cavender Creek. The location is secluded and quiet, but it is only a 15-minute drive away from Dahlonega. We stayed in Cabin #7 overlooking the creek, and we have only nice things to say about our experience. The hot tub was clean, the cabin itself was cozy, and everyone we worked with was super helpful and friendly. My wife and I stayed here for our first anniversary, and we loved the area. We stayed in mid-March, and we decided we loved it so much that we would come back during different seasons, just to experience different aspects of the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so glad you decided to come back and visit us. Wow...time flies by! Thank you for your awesome feedback. You've got to visit in the fall also!!! Beautiful colors and love the cooler temps in the evening to sit out and enjoy nature.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! We were in cabin #6, and were very impressed with how clean it was and with the comfort we felt upon walking in the door. To our surprise we received a welcome note, flowers and candies waiting for us on the kitchen table. The creek out back was great! What a peaceful time we had sitting on the porch swing listening to the water babble along. Will definitely go back to Cavender Creek Cabins if we make it back to the Dahlonega area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I love the creek and the swing in cabin 6. I'm so glad you got to relax and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Thanks,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The reviews on here are all very accurate. Everything was stress free, from the check on process down to the balcony with its hot tub and rocking chair. I couldn't get over how clean and cozy it was. We stayed in cabin five which has a hot tub. We also made use of the gas fireplace when the wind knocked out the electricity during the night. I brought a mattress topper for the bed based on some of the other reviews about it not being that comfortable. It did just the trick. It rained a lot the weekend I was there but it did not dampen the trip. The sound of the rain on the tin roof was relaxing. We were minutes from major restaurants and Walmart, but when back at the cabin, the world felt miles away. For those preparing for the trip, here are things I DIDNT need to bring because the cabin already had it: cups, plates, silverware, paper towels, dish detergent, trash bags, pots/pans/skillet/casserole dishes/cookie sheet/tea pot, extra blankets, sufficient bath towels, pillows, salt and pepper, coffee and sugar/creamer, ice, hangers, bug spray, etc. Only thing I couldn't find were matches. Extra towels for the hot tub is a good idea too. Overall, we were very pleased and will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014
Julesmtnrentals, Manager at Cavender Creek Cabins Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank You! Thank You! I'm sorry you couldn't find any matches. I found them behind trash bags under counter. We normally keep them in the drawer by stove. You gave me a good idea... I went and picked up a couple of big boxes of matches. I can see the small ones get lost to easy.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

What an awesome time we had! The cabin we stayed in (#5) was perfectly appointed. We agreed it was "Disney resort" caliber. My son loved the trails and the feeling of being in the woods; I loved that you are just a few minutes from sight-seeing and grocery stores. Also, I'm generally wary of hot tubs, but this was pristine! They are drained and cleaned after EVERY stay - I was so impressed. We spent lots of time relaxing and splashing. And the cabins are spotless... and I mean spotless!

The first morning I was sitting on the balcony with my coffee and got to watch a family of deer just prancing around - a much welcomed change from cars and noise!
My son also loved going gold-panning (within 10 minutes of the cabins) and we went back twice to gather gemstones. One day we took a quick trip to Helen and also stopped at a winery along the way.

I also cannot say enough good things about Julie. She is a gem! When we arrived, there were fresh flowers in our cabin, the heat was on and she had the sweetest welcome basket for my son (including candy and a fishing pole!) I was so impressed.

It was a very relaxing time and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We loved being on the pond, but the ones overlooking the creek would be just fine too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer I

Where do I begin???? Thank you for all the kind words. My extended family has grown so much in the past year. I'm so thankful I get the opportunity to meet such amazing people. I remember when I took over a year ago. I was so worried about been able to fill Paul & Mary's shoes. I now know I made the right choice. I love helping people relax.. I don't get to relax much, but the hour we spent watching Taylor & Marcus fish, going pre tend hunting ;) and having dinner with you & your Mom. I will cherish for a lifetime!!
Plus, I finally got to sit and relax in one of our cabins!!! I know now what all the hype is all about.

You stayed in Cabin 8 ( overlooking pond) however they all have their uniqueness about them.
Oh . The look on Marcus face when he caught his first fish.... Was such a blessing!! Love to you'll !

Hurry Back