“Meal in the Mountains”

Yahoola Creek Grill
Ranked #18 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whether you're a local foodie or an out-of-town visitor taking in everything Dahlonega has to offer, Yahoola Creek Grill is a dining experience you don't want to miss! Boasting seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients and made-from-scratch dishes, our menu strikes the perfect balance between classic and contemporary Southern cuisine. Visit us for lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch or talk to us about your next large event - our flavors, versatile dining spaces, and mountain views will have you returning again and again!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel I stayed in recommend this restaurant. About 1.5 miles out of town and away from the touristy restaurants in downtown Dahlonega. The menu was diverse and had many interesting choices. I had the special, Beef Stroganoff. Simple but very tasty and a good portion. Their smoked chicken noodle soup was very good. The other dishes that I saw served to the other customers looked very appealing. My next trip to the mountains will include another trip to this restaurant.

1  Thank Nikontom

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Shrimp and Grits that my wife had was fantastic. Perfect combination of shrimp, grits, Andouille sausage, cheese and spices made this a superb dish. The beef stroganoff was one of the best that I have ever had with tender chunks of beef and tasty sauce. The praline cheesecake with the pecan pie base and cheesecake topped with pralines made for a perfect ending to a fabulous meal. We will be back the next time we are near Dahlonega!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I find this to be consistently good in terms of ambience and food. The food really is cooked to order and is very fresh. The restaurant bakes their own bread and virtually everything is made from scratch. Although I do not know for sure, I do believe they source ingredients locally whenever possible. The lunch specials Mon-Fri are a good value and the selection is good as well. I have had the turkey panini from that menu. The favorite meal I have had is the fish tacos. Truly an awesome treat! The presentation was very nice, the portion size just right and the taste...oh, the taste! Excellent! For my last visit my friend and I sat on the patio overlooking the creek (it is barely seen, but the patio is really a deck on a hillside so the view is very nice). Lacey, our server, was very attentive yet allowed my friend and I to eat unhurridly and to visit as long as we wanted. All in all a place I will continue to choose because I know the food quality is consistent and the owner cares.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a definite winner of a meal today. The Veggie Benedict was outstanding. All four of the party was pleased with their food. The service was great...very friendly and prompt. I would suggest reservations. We made reservations for 11 am when they opened and within 20 minutes they had a 30 minute wait.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Food is generally very good, their best dish used to be the Elk burger. Menu is unique and often use local items. Hit or miss because they often host bridal showers. Unfortunately they do not seem to add staff and service and speed suffer. My advice is to dine somewhere else if there are large parties there. Otherwise enjoy!

Been to Yahoola Creek Grill? Share your experiences!