“Private container rooms are the best!”

Barefoot Hills Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I started our AT adventure here and returned for a night during the week. I wasn't sure what to think when I saw storage containers on the property, but what they have done with these is awesome. They are so uniquely decorated, comfortable, and the best accommodations ever! I'm so thankful to have had this opportunity. The owners are very organized - everything done on a time schedule that works for getting all their customers to the trails etc. Great breakfast!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

First time hiking the AT Trail and I was looking for a cheap, nice place to stay the night before I headed out. This place is absolutely fantastic! Between the very friendly staff and cleanliness of this hostel, I will stay here anytime I come to Dahlonega. Shout out to all the individuals who we met at the Hostel and are well on their way to completing the AT Trail, I am rooting for you!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were not thru hikers and had never stepped foot on the AT. We were nervous about staying the night at a hostel but there was no reason to be. Very clean, very nice people and for an amazing price. This place is WELL worth the stay. Also, a great breakfast is included :) I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I was near Dahlonega, Hiker Hostel was just perfect. Hey, even if I'm not hiking, I might swing by just because of how comfortable it was.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here while hiking the Appalachian Trail in September 2013. We stayed one night, were transported by Leigh to the trail in the morning, and then stayed a second night two days later. The bunk rooms are very comfortable and homey. The breakfast was really great. All in all this is an excellent value, we will return again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike Y
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Have stayed here many times! Bike racks down stairs, great food, just really an awesome place to hang out and tackle the surrounding mountains on bike or foot. Super clean, private bunks. There's a short hiking trail on property to stretch your legs and this is the heart of road and mountain biking country in Georgia.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank GAmtnbiker
Reviewed 10 December 2013

It's really and hostel and B&B under one roof. Delicious and hearty food. Very comfortable bunk rooms with shared bath, as well as, private rooms with private bath. Great hiking in the area and Leigh and Josh are happy to shuttle you. Dahlonega is a wonderful small town worthy of a couple hours of exploring.

Hands down the place to stay when in the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra H
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at the Hiker Hostel for a workshop and had the whole place to ourselves for our group of 18. Leigh is a terrific host and the breakfasts are hearty and delicious. And i even slept well in my bunk bed! The setting on the hilltop is beautiful, looking out through the trees at the Georgia mountains. A great spot and no doubt I will be back.

Room Tip: Because I was with a group, I was in a room for 4 - with two bunk beds, and they were just fine. We...