“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Kennesaw
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wonderful garlic rolls, the soft round kind soaking in garlic and butter, Yum! The salads were fresh and had lots of veggies and feta cheese. The pizza came out fresh and hot and the servers were very attentive on a busy Saturday.

Visited October 2013

Douglasville, Georgia
“Bleh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were strolling about Dahlonega, about to go to the Gold Museum and decided to grab a bite to eat first. We spotted Gustavo's a couple of doors down, and even asked some people coming out of there how it was. They all assured us that it was 'really good'. Hmmmmm, I wonder what they were eating? But, I digress... When we looked at the menu, I noticed "Garlic Rolls" listed. I immediately asked the girl if those were 'Garlic Knots' like we loved in NY. She assured me that they were. So, we ordered those, 2 sliced of 'white' pizza (the feature of the day) and a house salad which came with 'Italian Dressing'...oh, and iced tea, which was housed in a large container that touted "fresh brewed".
First the 'Garlic Rolls' arrived, and, well....they really were garlic rolls. Meaning: some rolls with garlic butter on them. Dinner rolls, to be precise about it. Now, don't get me wrong, the menu SAID "Garlic Rolls", so there was no 'false advertisement' here, but I specifically ASKED if they were garlic knots and I was assured that they were, so major disappointment there. I guess she had no clue what I was talking about, but, I really don't want to eat dinner rolls before my pizza, so that was a definite 'miss'.
Next, the salad arrived. Now I have eaten lots and lots of "Italian" dressing...for goodness sake, we lived on Long Island for 3 years, where EVERYTHING is Italian, LOL! But I am here to say that I have never before been served an Italian dressing that I simply could not eat because it was so sour. As they say in the south: it would lock your jaws! I tried several bites, but there was just no way to stomach that. Fortunately my husband has a cast iron stomach so he ate it. So, strike 2. When the pizza arrived, it was basically two slices of cheese pizza (with no red sauce which is fine with me--I don't really care for much red sauce anyway) with a couple of bits of basil leaves sprinkled around. It tasted okay, but was a little underdone in the center. Not worth $4 or $5 a slice...but, it was a big slice, for sure. Finally, the 'fresh brewed' tea was instantly recognizable to be, well, some sort of instant tea, so for me, it was strike 3 and you're out. We paid over $25 for 2 pizza slices, a salad to share, some dinner rolls with garlic butter and two glasses of instant tea. Bleh. Won't repeat that error. Should've asked those people what THEY ordered, LOL!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Macclenny, Florida
“Fit for a King”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The portion size was huge, husband ordered a stromboli, it was well over a foot and half long. I ordered a calzone, which I added in mushrooms and olives, again, I cut it in half and took the other half back to the hotel, as I couldn't eat the whole thing. The variety of beer was great, managed to get a German pilner that I haven't had since I visited Germany. Good prices, sat at the bar, service was great, quick to refill your drink.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best pizza in Dahonega”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for good pizza in the Dahlonega area, this is the place to go. I'm a bit of a pizza snob so I thought I wouldn't be impressed when I first got here, but I was surprised to find they have some of the best pizza and calzones I've ever had. Do not expect the servers to come and wait on you hand-and-foot, they take your order and bring you your food, and that's it. It is not a fancy place, but the food is great and it's a nice place to meet up with friends and share a pizza.

• Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Decent pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I stopped into this little pizza parlour after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. From the outside it looked almost like a fast food place but inside was a decent atmosphere with a nice bar to sit at if travelling alone like I was. I ordered a regular pizza even though it was just for me. It was MUCH larger than I expected. Overall it was pretty good. I'm a pizza snob and would say that the dough on the base could probably have been baked a bit longer and maybe use a little less cheese (there was so much it got gummy), but the spices and flavors were nice. I wasnt expecting too much so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2013