“Great Pizza and Great Beer on Tap”
Review of Gustavo's

Gustavo's
Ranked #15 of 86 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Cleveland, Georgia
“Great Pizza and Great Beer on Tap”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and kids have been raving about this place, but I had never been, so we ate there tonight. Had a great stromboli. Also had a fantastic craft-brewed stout. It was fantastic! Definitely will be back. Nice view of the town square lit up for xmas too.

• Visited December 2013

Atlanta
“The place to hang out!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Off the charts. Pizza was phenomenal. The glass panoramic window views are very unique. The fact that most of the brews on tap are from Georgia breweries is really unique. Erin who worked as a bartender was fantastic. She provided mini samples so you could get a taste of some of the brews before hand. Their salads were fantastic too.

Visited November 2013
Macon, Georgia
“A little disappointed ”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

A few years ago when this place opened, I ate there with my family. It wasn't really my favorite pizza. I haven't been back since but my
Family wanted to go back today. Mistake #1. I ordered a Caesar salad for a light lunch. The dressing was NOT a thing like Caesar dressing and it did not taste good. My husband ordered 2 slices of pepperoni pizza and it was burnt! My husband loves pizza and is not picky, but he was not impressed with the pizza. We even had To go show the cooks the burnt pizza and they did give us our money back. My second visit there and I doubt I will be back.

1 Thank Julia C
Kennesaw
“Great food!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wonderful garlic rolls, the soft round kind soaking in garlic and butter, Yum! The salads were fresh and had lots of veggies and feta cheese. The pizza came out fresh and hot and the servers were very attentive on a busy Saturday.

Visited October 2013
Douglasville, Georgia
“Bleh...”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were strolling about Dahlonega, about to go to the Gold Museum and decided to grab a bite to eat first. We spotted Gustavo's a couple of doors down, and even asked some people coming out of there how it was. They all assured us that it was 'really good'. Hmmmmm, I wonder what they were eating? But, I digress... When we looked at the menu, I noticed "Garlic Rolls" listed. I immediately asked the girl if those were 'Garlic Knots' like we loved in NY. She assured me that they were. So, we ordered those, 2 sliced of 'white' pizza (the feature of the day) and a house salad which came with 'Italian Dressing'...oh, and iced tea, which was housed in a large container that touted "fresh brewed".
First the 'Garlic Rolls' arrived, and, well....they really were garlic rolls. Meaning: some rolls with garlic butter on them. Dinner rolls, to be precise about it. Now, don't get me wrong, the menu SAID "Garlic Rolls", so there was no 'false advertisement' here, but I specifically ASKED if they were garlic knots and I was assured that they were, so major disappointment there. I guess she had no clue what I was talking about, but, I really don't want to eat dinner rolls before my pizza, so that was a definite 'miss'.
Next, the salad arrived. Now I have eaten lots and lots of "Italian" dressing...for goodness sake, we lived on Long Island for 3 years, where EVERYTHING is Italian, LOL! But I am here to say that I have never before been served an Italian dressing that I simply could not eat because it was so sour. As they say in the south: it would lock your jaws! I tried several bites, but there was just no way to stomach that. Fortunately my husband has a cast iron stomach so he ate it. So, strike 2. When the pizza arrived, it was basically two slices of cheese pizza (with no red sauce which is fine with me--I don't really care for much red sauce anyway) with a couple of bits of basil leaves sprinkled around. It tasted okay, but was a little underdone in the center. Not worth $4 or $5 a slice...but, it was a big slice, for sure. Finally, the 'fresh brewed' tea was instantly recognizable to be, well, some sort of instant tea, so for me, it was strike 3 and you're out. We paid over $25 for 2 pizza slices, a salad to share, some dinner rolls with garlic butter and two glasses of instant tea. Bleh. Won't repeat that error. Should've asked those people what THEY ordered, LOL!

• Visited September 2013