“Cute animals, no crowds”

Chestatee Wildlife Preserve & Zoo
Kennesaw, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cute animals, no crowds”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Upon arrival, my husband and I were greeted by our vehicle by staff on a golf cart. They handled our admission right there in the parking lot. Once inside the premises, we made it just in time for the live animal show at the pavilion. Here we got to touch and marvel at an assortment of exotic creatures. There weren't many people in attendance, so we were able to enjoy a leisurely session of petting the animals and asking questions to the staff. It is obviously a family-run organization. One little girl, who looked to be age 5 or so, helped to bring the animals out. Later on, one of the staff invited my husband and I to take a closer look at the baby tigers. He sent the little girl into the exhibit and she literally dragged them out of their 'cave' so we coul see them. . .so cute! It was a fun and pleasant visit. The only downside is that the restroom facilities are out-houses. But at least they were clean.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Lori K

GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

The first time that I came here, the experience was better. A very young man greeted me and gave me instructions. The next time, I had to hunt down staff to pay. During my first experience I was amazed at how many big cats they had and the variety of animals. You could get quite close to them. I even saw some big cats mating, lol. However, I was a bit bothered at the small cages of some of the animals.
The second visit, I must have gone during nap time. Most of the animals were barely visible. I did get to see a baby White Tiger close up because a polite staff member had it in an unusual pen. That was the highlight of the trip. Unfortunately, they built a secondary fence before my last trip to keep people further from the pens, I can understand wanting safety because some people do act foolish. However, I felt like I needed binoculars where as before I could see all of the animals so well. It is difficult to navigate and know where to go. This place has potential to be an awesome place if you want your kids to see exotic animals in a relaxing town rather than having to drive to Atlanta. I hope they improve the place, I was happy with my first experience and disappointed when
I went back a few years later.

1 Thank southpawcity7
Coconut Creek, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is a smaller zoo and like the other review, had to find someone to collect the money. There isn't a map of the zoo or a main entrance to walk through which was odd. The 2 zedonks are cute and come up close to the fence. The grizzly bear was hard to see because it was hiding under the shade of the cage. Lots of big cats but they are housed in very small cages. We hope they let them out to roam a little within the external fenced in area. They are beautiful animals and my 5 yr old daughter enjoyed herself. We were hoping to see the baby white tiger cubs but they are hidden from the public to view due to their age. The one staff member on duty was nice and helped showed us the paths to take to navigate the grounds. It took us about 30-40 minutes to walk through the zoo. Cost was $10 but found a coupon for $1 off an adult online through a google search. Kids are $5. Vending machines are there for drinks only, no snacks.

1 Thank Happy travelerF L
Central Florida, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We visited on a weekday and it was rather hard to locate someone to even take our money for admission. Once we did, we got a quick overview of the place and started to realize this might not be worth the price. They have many beautiful animals that certainly excited our little one, but it was a bit hard to navigate. The pathways are mulched and hard to push a stroller on and you have to rely on arrows to point you throughout the property. We were in and out within 30 minutes after seeing a portion of the animals. We hope they put the money to good use (it seems they're adding new facilities), but we also hope they might spend some time thinking about the guests that help pay for their operating costs. They would be wise to spend some time thinking about wayfinding to improve this experience for future visitors.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank martincorbin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great for animal lovers!(:”
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

My fiance and I are true animal lovers! This is a wonderful place to go! It is not very busy so you have more time to enjoy the animals instead of worrying about other people. Great place for kids! Must see the Zedonk!!

3 Thank trixy3