“Great place!”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Suwanee, Georgia
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

My girlfriend and I were on a bit of a tight budget and took a room at 51 dollars a night expecting something subpar, but we were very impressed! Our room was very clean and had all the amenities we needed for a comfortable two day trip. The owner, Al, was extremely friendly and helpful whenever we talked to him. Best of all, the hotel is only a few minutes out of Dahlonega and our room had a wonderful view of the city. If you're looking for an affordable yet nice place to stay, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Gross, is basically the best word for this place. It is not well maintained at all. They over charged by ALOT to stay in this place. It is at best a quick stop for someone needing to stay & play maybe $30. NOT WORTH THE PRICE OF $70/Night!

Food at breakfast was not great.

Seriously go around the corner the Holiday INN. This place is just not worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dahlonega hotels

Williamston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Firstly the nightly price was advertised as being $44 per night. When my wife proceeded to make the reservations she discovered the "fine print"" $44 only if you book 3 consecutive nights. We needed a hotel and went ahead and booked a room at the actual price of $65 plus per night. Once we arrived it was obvious that this would not be a $65 hotel room. The exterior was in disrepair. What had been repaired had been done so in a shoddy, unprofessional fashion. A look into the room revealed a very similar environment. It was fine. For $44 I would've kept my mouth shut. For $65 I expect a little more. It was shoddily renovated. They had good intentions but kind of "phoned it in." It was sort of clean, though the vacuum had never seen the underside of the steel frame mattress supports. The one upside? Al. Al seemed to be the manager. He was a delight. He was positive, optimistic, and went above and beyond to make up for the obvious failings of this overpriced lodging. He made it okay. No, I'll not make this same mistake twice, though I might drop by to say hi to Al.

Room Tip: Eh, I'd try up the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Chatsworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Staff was awesome. Understand the hotel is getting ready to renovate. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Parma Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Where do I begin? The woman at the front desk had me fill out an old fashioned hotel registration form then proceded to write my credit card info on the back. never swiped the card and never gave me a receipt. They had a computer at the desk but I never saw any evidence that they knew what to do with it or if it even worked.

I am a pest control professional so I do a routine bedbug check at each place I stay. No bedbugs found but the room had other inhabitants including the millipede in my photo. As others have noted the mattresses were old and not very clean, in fact there was little about the room that was clean, and there was dog hair everywhere.

I took advantage of the WIFI when I first arrived. To my surprise it was "off" when I returned to the room at about 9 pm, and I was unable to log onto the internet the rest of the night even though I had used it earlier.

The location is very convenient, but I will never stay at this dump again. Super 8 should pull their name from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
MARTINEZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The room was not a total dump nor was it top notch. It served its purpose and that was all. I didn't really expect much more other than the very first time I stayed in a Super 8 it was immaculate. This particular one was much older and a bit worn and used.
For a short term stay I would consider it again, but not for more than one night.

Closeness to the mountains made up for it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Days Inn Dahlonega
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Motel Inn? Share your experiences!