“Not a ritzy place but worth the stay for the price!”

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Covington, Georgia
“Not a ritzy place but worth the stay for the price!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Forrest Hills is not a four star resort. However, it is clean and relaxing. We stayed in the Wrens Nest with an awesome outdoor hot tub on this neat porch. We paid little money for 6 people for a 2 night stay that included dinner one night and two breakfasts for all of us. The beds were comfy and the cabin clean. If you are looking for the Hilton- this is not it. But, if you want a comfy, reasonably priced stay- try this place.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank tras99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I needed a close-by weekend getaway and decided to try Forrest Hills out. The staff were very welcoming and helpful as soon as we walked in. We stayed in a cabin and it was bigger than what was expected. If you are looking for a place to relax, this is a great place (but if you are looking for a luxurious place, I wouldn't really recommend it). Although it rained pretty much all weekend, we were able to really relax and spend good quality time with each other. I would definitely try this place out again, but maybe during a not-so-rainy season. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annie R
Atlanta
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Oh my, the star rating and the views tricked us. Walked right in and BAM the smell of mold hits you in the face - were told by the front desk person that it was the hot tub that was making the smell and that all rooms smelled like this. Never again, this is no where near luxury, then again I'm not sure what they consider luxury. The only good thing about the room was the hot tub inside the room. The sheets didn't smell clean, smelled as if they only made up the bed from the previous people who stayed. Living room sofa is wore down and has an odor, curtains, bedroom comforter is out dated, needs to be change (they all smell). Counter by the sinking is coming apart. I could go on, place seems very old, needs to be updated, the carpet is green and needs to be pulled up or changed. I didn't feel like I was in the mountains, I felt like I was in a old, very old hotel. The only good thing was the fact that we got our money back and stayed in downtown Atlanta to complete our 5 year anniversary (this stay did kind of ruin it - until we came up with the idea to go to Atlanta). This place is not luxury at all. I don't understand these reviews, but please don't believe the hype. It is not what you think it is. We didn't even take the free dinner/breakfast offered, that is how uncomfortable we were with the place. I've stayed in cabins before and this is not what I expected. I will not stay here again nor recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay in cabin 14, then again don't stay here if you are looking for luxury because this i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank wetraveleverywhere20
Port Saint Joe, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have just returned from a stay at Forrest Hills. We have stayed here several times in the past, but it had been a few years. It is just as wonderful as ever. The first morning of our stay I watched a deer from the porch while drinking coffee in the rocking chair. It just doesn't get any better than that. The beds are out of this world, I believe I know how angels feel sleeping on the clouds now. Everything about this place is amazing. The staff make you feel like a family member coming home. The food is great, the Red Velvet Cheesecake should be illegal. Awww and the massages..... I do have one negative about Forrest Hills...... Your time will pass way too quickly, book an extra day. You will not be ready to leave. Thank You Michele and your staff for a wonderful stay. Can't wait until my next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TNS1266
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Our friends and family spent an entire weekend at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort in December 2013 and could not have asked for a better experience. We rented an entire Lodge there for the weekend and the resort hosted my daughter's beautiful wedding.
Everything from the food, service, wedding chapel, reception hall to our very special event planner Kathy, who was there for us throughout the weekend...it was all just perfect. The rooms in the lodges and honeymoon suites are very spacious and the lodges have huge common areas so everyone can visit. The resort is nestled among trees for a truly secluded feeling but is very close to the downtown Dahlonega area. I highly recommend Forest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center to anyone planning a conference, getaway and especially your special wedding day.

Stayed December 2013
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I read the reviews (good and bad) prior to my stay on (2/14/14&2/15/14) Let me say this is a great place. Very good food, great people, clean, and everything you need without having to leave the resort. Never bothered, peice and quiet. I would recomend anyone to go for a great expierence. We will go Back!!! Thanks crew at Forrest Hills for making us have a great quiet weekend.

Room Tip: The Bi-level Suites are very nice. It was bigger than a 2 bedroom Apt.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 44shawn
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for our 13th anniversary since we had not been away since our Honeymoon. I found this place online and read many mixed reviews. We chose to give it a try since it had everything we wanted on a weekend getaway. So glad we did!!!! We weren't bothered at all which was great!!! If we needed anything the staff was available to help. The Food was GREAT!!! If your looking for some fancy schmancy place overflowing with staff with nothing better to do then disturb your peaceful stay or furniture or decore that seems so expensive your afraid to breath for fear of braking something or feel like you need to remove your shoes before walking on the floor, this is not the place for you. If your looking for a private country setting with friendly people who understand why couples come there, if you want to sit by a fire watch a movie, not be bothered by the everyday hustle and bustle of your everyday life in a beautiful location and such a warm homey feeling then this IS the place for you!! I can't wait to return this year to celebrate our 14th Anniversary. Hope we can get the same cabin :)

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Tcooper_18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!