Made reservation for a special weekend celebration with my husband. I booked the romance package with massage, dinner, wine tasting, wine/cheese, etc. I was really excited when they called me back and said they were upgrading me to a deluxe cabin with a hot tub. The office staff were very friendly. We got to the cabin and was immediately disappointed. We thought we would make the most of it for the first night then talk to management the next day. First we had maintenance come check the TV and the hot tub while we drove into Dahlonega. We got back to the cabin around 1:30 am. Carpets were stained. Very musty old smell. Hot tub was freezing even after 6-7 hours. Mold in the shower. Of course I've stayed in cabins before but nothing was worse than this. When I turned down the bed there was 2 roachs running across the bed under the comforter. As I was changing clothes at the end of the bed, I was bit by a SCORPION. We called the on call maintenance who is not on the property. There is no management or any employees on the property after the office closes. They asked what they needed to do. I asked to talk to a manager which I was told they could not call until the next morning. We immediately left the property and drove all the way back to Atlanta. I contacted the office at 8:00 am to let them know we had left and the situation. I was told they had been having problems with scorpions this year. Why haven't they done something about them then? Finally the owner called me around 2:00 pm. The owner tried to tell me that was typical of cabins. Absolutely not! I requested my money back. Finally 4 days later it was refunded to my account, but she took out $161.50 for the bottle of wine and cheese. Sounds reallly expensive for that bottle of wine. The only thing we did there was get the wine and only in the room for an hour at the most. Totally disappointed!!!!! They also do not typcially give extra towels or pillows or anything either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our 140 acre cabin resort featuring on site dining, outdoor pool, horseback riding, massage spa and more. Choose from romantic, 1-bedroom cabins, 2 bedroom family cabins, individual rooms or 8 to 16 room group lodges. FREE WIFI and parking throughout. Located between Dahlonega and Amicalola Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forrest Hills Mountain Hotel Dahlonega
- Forrest Hills Mountain Dahlonega