This property fills a quirky niche, but if you are expecting Sea Island or The Greenbrier you will be very disappointed. Our "luxury" cabin had an indoor hot-tub but was dated, poorly maintained and musty. No maid service during our two-day stay. You maybe pick up Channel 2 from Atlanta but there is otherwise no television signal in the rooms. WiFi was allegedly available in the Conference Center but did not work for me. No phone, much less internet, in the cabin. The food was all buffet-style and mediocre at best. Dinner is served only until 8:30 and there is no room service. On the plus side, the staff was uniformly very nice and this is an area of North Georgia worth visiting. Many prior reviewers apparently don't care about phones and Wi-Fi and television and maybe for them it interferes with the whole concept of getting away, but the point is you would find all of those at a legitimate luxury resort. The most disappointing thing about Forrest Hils was that it did not come anywhere near the image portrayed on its website. It may appeal to some travelers, but it's not a particularly good value for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit our 140 acre cabin resort featuring on site dining, outdoor pool, horseback riding, massage spa and more. Choose from romantic, 1-bedroom cabins, 2 bedroom family cabins, individual rooms or 8 to 16 room group lodges. FREE WIFI and parking throughout. Located between Dahlonega and Amicalola Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forrest Hills Mountain Hotel Dahlonega
- Forrest Hills Mountain Dahlonega