“Great getaway spot”

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We took the senior class of our high school here for our senior retreat. The Eagles Nest lodge was perfect for our group of 12 students and 2 chaperones. Accommodations are very comfortable and spacious. The food is outstanding, and the staff did all they could to see that we had an enjoyable time. I highly recommend Forrest Hills!"

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I attended a wedding at this facility about eight years ago. We had such good memories of that wedding. Since we were celebrating our 12th anniversary, we decided to celebrate by staying one night at Forrest Hills. We went to the Ellijay Apple Festival on the 16th. Our plans were to Gold Rush on the 17th. We picked up some stuff at the store to go settle in at Forrest Hills. When we arrived, we saw that there was a wedding.
When we walked in to check in, we knew something was wrong as soon as we said our name. They went to look up our reservation which was booked for the 17th. I called to make the reservation .(You have to call or send an email.) I spoke to someone and told them our plans. The person who took my reservation was very kind. She told me that I would get an email. I did not get the email which I did wonder about but noticed they already had charged my American Express. So, I thought we were good.
Since they were totally booked, they tried to find a hotel for us. We knew that was going to be bleak. It was peak leaf season with two festivals going on.
They refunded our card. We did not want this to ruin our anniversary. We knew there was nothing at the moment they could do. We drove two hours from Dahonegha to Chattanooga where we found a room.
When we got home on Sunday night, I did email the owner. She responded with that she would get back to me. Nothing. I felt that we should of had a call on Monday. We should not even had to contact her. Anyways, I would like to post here that our stay was as good as the Honeymoon Heaven post but we never even had a chance to experience it.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PestHP
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My new bride and I went to Forrest Hills for our honeymoon and it was a sample of Heaven. From the time we arrived until the time we left we felt totally relaxed and happy. The food was excellent. The staff were all gracious and outgoing. Between the horseback riding and the relaxing atmosphere of the cabin, we found ourselves not wanting to leave. Forrest Hills will be our regular anniversary and vacation getaway from now on. We recommend it to all-couples and families.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I'm not sure what I liked the most. Our cabin was clean, modern and very comfortable. The decorations were beautiful. The scenery was breath taking. We had buffet breakfast every morning and buffet dinner in the evening. The food was delicious. The staff was very caring and friendly. We took a carriage ride and it was so refreshing, enjoying the countryside and the scenery. The Resort was the perfect place for our honeymoon. I highly recommend Forest Hills Resorts.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I am NOT one for roughing it, and a little spoiled by upscale 5 star hotels. But Forrest Mountain Resort was one of the most pleasant and relaxing stays I have had. I was there to attend a retreat given by the Catholic diocese in Atlanta. I didn't know what to expect. It is not far from Atlanta, but in minutes you are transformed into a beautiful hilly, relaxing and quiet setting. We also stayed in The Eagles Nest (see report below-not too positive) and they have obviously done a lot of work on this building. The kitchen was big and open and clean and very functional. It adjoined a great room with a fireplace, tv, dvd player, dining table, etc. The bathrooms and individual suites could use some updating, but they were all very clean. The walls are all pine wood and the decorating was dark and natural, so it could use some updating while maintaining the atmosphere. The balconies for each suite were a beautiful place to go and relax alone. If the owners follow through on their updating of the rest of this building I would give it outstanding ratings. But it still was very, very pleasant. Our meetings were held at the Conference Center which was close, easy walk and very suiting for our needs. It was a perfect balance of my kind of "roughing it" because you are immersed in nature. But still had air conditioning, tv/dvd, kitchen facilities, bathrooms. Certainly more rustic than a 5 star hotel, and not as up to date. But bottom line is I hope to take my family back for a family vacation of relaxing and enjoying nature. Can't wait to visit the Kanagaroo preserve down the road, and enjoy the pool and horseback riding and hay ride. Food was all homemade - the real deal and was wonderful. There was a wedding there in the wedding chapel and we saw part of the reception and looked beautiful and fun!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The peace and quiet of this lush mountain retreat helped our group achieve it's focus of team-building and camaraderie. The staff were very attentive, and took care of our needs without hesitation. From the first phone calll to the last goodbye, they were responsive and accomodating. The fresh, country-stylke food was delicious, and they prepared some of the best vegitarion meals our non-meat eaters had ever had.

We will definitley use Forrest Hills again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I recently stayed at Forrest Hills for 4 nights for a work-related retreat. The staff was extremely friendly and more personable than any 5-star hotel that I have ever stayed in. The food was well-prepared and delicious, they were even able to accommodate the vegetarian guests with more than just side dishes and salads. I loved the rooms, although some aspects were noticeably dated, but absolutely NOT a deal-breaker. I would highly recommend this resort to a friend and am currently considering a family stay there because on top of the great accommodations, the rates are reasonable. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge

Been to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!