“Huge success” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedar House Inn & Yurts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Cedar House Inn & Yurts
Ranked #2 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Huge success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Mary Beth and Fred were more than accommodating during my visit to Dahlonega for an exam at the university. I was looking for a place to decompress and get focused, this was the perfect place. Fred met me in the parking area when I arrived and welcomed me with some cookies and some great conversation. Mary Beth made an AMAZING breakfast for me the next morning with an abundance of coffee to get the engine going, and I cruised out rested, full, and confident. (I did exceptionally well on my exam and I believe it was due to the stay, honestly. It's almost like that Holiday Inn Express commercial, in that I could have probably performed heart surgery or solved an impossible equation the morning after my stay). Great owners, great location, and wonderful house/grounds, would not disappoint! My wife and I will be back!

BW Atlanta!!

Green Features: Impeccable and extremely thoughtful. I feel as though we share the same views of environmental conscious practices and this fact was influential on my decision to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

My significant other and myself came to Dahlonega for a long weekend getaway. I found this place on an Internet search for yurts in the north GA area. We have never stayed at a B&B type place before. So we stayed in one of the yurts and loved it! It was wonderful like all yurt experiences are. However, we had the added bonus of enjoying breakfast every morning on the B&B side. I absolutely loved they yurt and the breakfast! Not to mention the couple that ran it. They were very friendly and helpful! I would like to think we may come back one day to revisit!!

• Stayed March 2013
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Cedar House Inn and wish we could have stayed longer! The room was really comfy and the grounds are lovely. The breakfast was so delicious and we really enjoyed visiting with Fred and Mary Beth. It felt like hanging out at a friends house. They were very helpful with dinner recommendations and we loved how close to the town we were.
We will be back when in the area..
Linda and Kirk Farber

Green Features: It's fantastic that they have made the hotel "green" and I wholly support them in this endeavor!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Fred and Mary Beth managed to turn our weekend into a relaxing and interesting journey at the BnB and the Dahlonega area. The suite was fabulous, very clean with great attention to details. The breakfast food was SO good and adapted to our gluten free diet; the conversations with the owners and guests during breakfast are memorable and as diverse as it comes. Just go there, you will see!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Macon, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Recently some friends of ours accompanied us to Dahlonega, Georgia for a weekend escape. We stayed with Mary Beth and Fred at the Cedar House Inn and had a wonderful time. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, the house was beautifully decorated, and there were both private and common seating areas outside to enjoy the tranquil scenery. The breakfast was by far the best I have ever enjoyed at a B&B, rivaling much of the restaurant cuisine we enjoyed while in Dahlonega. We also enjoyed visiting with our gracious hosts and were made to feel like visiting friends rather than paying customers. We hope to return again someday!

Green Features: The Fred and Mary Beth are dedicated to keeping their home and grounds environmentally friendly and offer advice on practices you can use in your own homes.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Winston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Cedar House Inn was our first ever B&B and Fred and Mary Beth made our experience very exciting. The atmosphere and ambience were breath taking, not to mention the yurts. We stayed in the cozy Chickadee room and the view was simply amazing. Mary Beth prepared a magnificent gourmet breakfast using all natural home grown ingredients. Fred and Mary Beth made us feel right at home. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Excellent host & hostess! Fred & Mary Beth open their home and make you feel welcome! They serve a great healthy breakfast and give tips of what to do in the area. Great place to visit -- would highly recommend you check them out!!! They want disappoint you!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Cedar House Inn & Yurts? Share your experiences!