“Dream Come True”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Cedar House Inn & Yurts
Ranked #2 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
new york, ny
“Dream Come True”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Cedar House for seven nights, six in the Chickadee Room and one in the Mountain Laurel Yurt. I have delayed writing a review because I really think nothing I can say will do this unique place justice. Suffice to say, I can't wait to return, which I will, often! If I had enough imagination to dream up exactly the type of place I'd like to stay while traveling, Cedar House would be it: lovely, comfortable room, beautiful property, thoughtful attention to detail, inn keepers who are very mindful of the environment, both in how they run their business and how they live their lives. All that, plus the BEST breakfasts---fresh, delicious, healthy--SOOOOOOO good! I feel really grateful that I've found such a perfect place to stay when I visit my mother at her assisted living facility in Dahlonega.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I took my boyfriend to the wineries in Dahlonega for his birthday and found this place on Trip Advisor to stay nearby. Mary Beth and Fred were so welcoming and helpful!! The breakfast they prepare is AMAZING!! Our room was perfect, exactly what I was hoping for, and close to the downtown area. We felt very at home and would encourage anyone to stay here.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Mary Beth and Fred were very friendly and great conversationalist who made us feel welcome right away. I am also now addicted to cucumber water! The grounds of the Cedar House are just lovely and our room was cozy and romantic. We were very close to downtown Dahlonega and enjoyed a great dinner there and then a fun kayaking trip down the Chestatee the next day. Breakfast was DELICIOUS and my companion is a PICKY eater. We would definitely come back and stay. Great price, comfortable, it was the perfect solution to a stressful work week. Danielle H. Atlanta, GA

Room Tip: We had the chickadee room, which I really liked because we had a separate entrance and a little outd...
Green Features: Everything from the breakfast straight from the garden, to the delicious smelling soaps and shampoos in the bathroom, were great. I also loved the creative use of old wine bottles :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

What more can we say? The rooms are well appointed and very clean. Breakfast was very good and hearty. Mary Beth and Fred were very friendly and gave us good restaurant suggestions for dinner and ideas for things to explore locally. We had a delightful stay.

Green Features: The inn keepers are quite thorough about environmental-friendly practices, but all while maintaining a high degree of comfort for the guests.
1 Thank David C
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Mary Beth & Fred were very kind and helpful with our stay in & around Dahlonega. They noted several good dining places to check out, and also helped us find a really good hike only minutes from their B&B. I would definitely recommend staying here. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious! (The coffee was ALSO good...and I am a coffee snob!)

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Mary Beth and Fred were great hosts! They were very welcoming and gave great suggestions for hiking spots, restaurants and wineries during our stay. Mary Beth made wonderful, plentiful breakfasts every morning - a lot of which came from their very own garden. Such a great touch and added bonus! The rooms were nice and had everything you would need - peaceful, spacious, clean, no TV and a private sitting area for relaxing. The inn was conveniently located to downtown Dahlonega, to the local wineries and to several hiking spots. We will definitely return for another weekend getaway and send friends and family there for a visit as well!

Green Features: Outstanding! We will be trying one of their eco-friendly yurts during our next stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a conference in Atlanta, my husband and I wanted to head north to do a little exploring in the area. We love hiking and camping and were very excited to find a B& B that had yurts! We immediately booked a yurt and are only disappointment was that we had to leave after two nights. Mary Beth and Fred were the most gracious hosts from the moment we stepped on the property, greeting us with delicious homemade lemonade and cookies! We enjoyed hearing the history of the house and share their enthusiasm for green living. Once we settled into the yurt there was a lovely thunderstorm.....with all the benefits of being in a tent but not getting wet! We have stayed at B & B inns all over the country and this by far is one of our favorites! The breakfasts were legendary and MaryBeth's homemade stuffed French toast and fresh fruit with basil syrup were out of this world. A heavy downpour during breakfast gave us lots of extra time to talk with MaryBeth and Fred, and we found them to be so interesting and knowledgeable about living an environmentally conscious life.
The town of Dahlogena was a short ride from the B&B and certainly worth exploring; quaint and charming shops offered an array of interesting things and we found several good restaurants ( we liked the Oyster House.) If If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, and are somewhat adventurous about staying in a yurt, and enjoy great food and conversation with terrific hosts
then this is the place to stay! We will certainly be back again.

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Cedar House Inn & Yurts? Share your experiences!