“An amazing get away not far from Atlanta!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Roswell, Georgia
“An amazing get away not far from Atlanta!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We have been looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary not to far from Atlanta and we have now found the spot!! I love this place!! The rooms are so comfortable, the food is fantastic, the spa is wonderful and the hospitality is something to write about. My husband and I could not have had a more relaxing time and we will definitely be back. We loved several restaurants in Dahlonega that we tried, especially The Corkscrew Cafe, but also Shennigans and the Oyster Back Porch. Thank you Dennis and David for an amazing trip and we will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Laurel Suite which we loved, but they all look beautiful and are quite charming...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dennis_in_Dahlonega, Owner at Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thanks guys, so glad you had a wonderful anniversary and that we could help you make it a great one. Hope to see you both for the next one! D&D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here over the weekend for a wedding at a nearby winery. We wished we could have stayed a few days longer & had a chance to spend a little more time on the property. There were lots of sweet places to just lounge outside, a covered deck area, a fire pit, etc. The Inn is lovely and tucked away so it is quiet with great views of the mountains with the leaves turning.
Very personal service from the owners, nice touches every where. Keurig coffee makers in each room, a sweet treat left out for guests at bedtime & more. Breakfast was awesome. There is a small spa that looked lovely and tranquil ... we will be back !!! What a lovely get-away spot so close to Atlanta.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden room, charming ... They are putting in a swimming pool & hot tub.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
atlanta
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stepped way out of my box, this year and suggested to my sweet husband we try a bed and breakfast for our anniversary.. To my surprise he said sure lets do it... We had already chosen this area of Dahlonega being near the wineries we wanted to visit.. I was so excited could hardly wait to check in, when we arrived we Met Dennis, one of in inn keepers who showed us to our room and gave us a tour... our room the parlor room suite was perfect!! the colors, textures, luxurious sheets and linens.. coupled with true antique furnishings. very warm and inviting. I especially liked the fact our room had a huge romantic tub for two and a portable a/c unit.. We cannot sleep unless our room is almost frigid, this was most thoughtful, other extras in the rooms a keurig coffee maker in the bathroom, and a special make up remover towelette and towl! I liked feeling as if we had free rein of the house, the Tv room was small, but cozy and we meet several nice couples while hanging there. I loved the outdoor spots, and the sweet lazy cat. the peace and tranquility of this place is really what the doctor ordered for me and my husband. With young kids its a rarity to have quite time together and although I missed having a tv in our room, it only added to the peace and time to focus on each other. I had wanted to try some wine from the pub, but this was our very first time at a bed and breakfast, I didnt really understand, what to do as no one was ever in there. to sell it too me. We slept great on that incredible bed, so comfortable!! and the sheets!!!!!!!!!!! even my husband, a outdoorsy guy said," hey lets find some of these sheets. there incredible"...next morning we scurry around and dress quickly for our "breakfast" of our bed and breakfast experience... meet more nice couples, It was so refreshing to see friendly people, at least most were. fresh coffee and juice were out for us, and it was Good! we waited outside with another couple till breakfast was served, the cool temps the fresh mountain air.. ahhhhh... now for breakfast....bowl of wonderful fresh fruit.. yum! One of the inn keepers. I think as we were never introduced, brought our food to our table and announced what he was serving us, biscuit, gravy eggs and vegan sausage with hash browns. It smelled good, and looked great, but we are in no way even close to a vegetarians or gasp... vegan! I ate it, happy to be fed, but I would have been much much happier with a pancake or just a non- vegan choice... it seems alot of vegans come here so, nice for them, it was a strike for me however.. I felt there could have been more warmth to the customer service /personal side, this is after all a business of hospitality.....All in all this was a perfect anniversary memory I promise I will NOT forget, I dare say I will do the Bed and Breakfast again, this was my first but not to be the last.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mableton, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Thank you God for David and Dennis. These two have created an amazing space of tranquility just an hour away from Atlanta in the comfort of their home. Dennis and David cover every room with the most spectacular detail and creativity.

We live in the big city of Atlanta where a long drive is expected for much of everything that you do. Our Saturday at Mount Laurel required no car. We slept in a luscious King-sized bed. We woke to a gourmet breakfast in a gorgeous sun-room. The atmosphere in the quaint room created an opportunity to speak with other guests. Our morning meal was followed by a trip down D&D’s nature trail to their creek where we experienced a thick, undisturbed forest that overlooked a meadow. We then cooled down in our room for about an hour before we took advantage of a couple’s massage just a 2-minute walk away below our room. This was my husband’s first massage and once over, he immediately rose up and said, “You can sign me up for another massage anytime you want.” We then walked a few rooms up the hallway to the entertainment/television room where my husband caught up on his favorite college football team. After that, we relaxed back in our room together in the oversized Jacuzzi tub. We then prepared for dinner at “The Corkscrew” where we received a free appetizer on behalf of Mount Laurel. Dinner was excellent and we received so much attention. We walked the beautiful square in Dahlonega. We came back to our temporary “home” at Mount Laurel to walk the grounds, spent time talking to one another, enjoying the evening breeze, had a romantic night. In the morning, we indulged in our Parlor Room’s individual Kuerig coffee maker taking each cup out to the back patio that overlooked our charming vineyard.

It was really hard to leave. I cannot wait to send each of our parent’s to Mount Laurel. Even more importantly, I cannot wait to come back to experience EVERY room of Mount Laurel. The place is beautiful and a true retreat. You have to go and relax your mind!

After we left our safe haven, my husband realized that he left his $700 mouth guard behind that he has to wear at night. With no hesitation, David and Dennis mailed it to us immediately with a thoughtful, hand-written card. We really appreciate these two and the care that they showed us. D&D went above and beyond! Seize the day ... Book your stay at Mount Laurel IMMEDIATELY!! :)

Room Tip: Any room here will be a good choice. You can't go wrong. They are all so individual and unique t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Airianne H
Reviewed 25 August 2012

What a gem in the mountains. Completely exceeded our expectations. You immediately felt at home and the amenities were terrific from the english pub to the great breakfast served up by the owners. The SPA is on site and we enjoyed a great couples massage. We arrived early and were able to check out all the rooms and they all are decorated so nice with many extras and very clean. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sweetwater, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed four wonderful nights. Spa service was great, breakfast was fantastic, and great facility combined for a wonderful stay. Visited several wineries in the area. Great restaurants in Dahlonega included The Back Porch, The Cork Screw and good music at Shenanegans.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I were in Dahlonega for a wedding in July and chose to spend the weekend at Mountain Laurel Creek. What a fabulous decision! The inn was exceptionally well kept and our room was so comfy I almost didn't want to leave it each morning; why would one need to with a Keurig in each room?! It was worth it, however, to eat breakfast in the beautiful dining room overlooking the mountains. The innkeepers, Dennis and David, were warm and welcoming, and their breakfast was tasty and well prepared. As far as the atmosphere, I was amazed at how quiet the inn stayed. Though it was full, it felt almost like we were the only guests! I would highly recommend Mountain Laurel Creek to anyone staying in the area or to those who are simply looking for a weekend of relaxation!

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Been to Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!