“enchanting hideaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I met our good friends at Mtn. Laurel Creek Inn. We chose it as a comfortable place to stay while we toured North Georgia on our Gold Wing Motorcycles. It was enchanting! I had found it on the internet and had my fingers crossed that it would be as good as represented online. It was lovely and unique. The innkeepers, Dennis and David have done a wonderful job in making it unusual and cozy. The decor is charming and their breakfasts certainly were gourmet meals, beautifully presented and delicious! We will go back!

There are newer reviews for Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This was our first B&B experience. We stayed in the Garden Room. The room was on the first floor near the front desk and kitchen. I was concerned about how private it would be, but my apprehension subsided immediately. Our room was cozy and wonderful! There was a small private balcony that was nice to be out on in the morning. There was an incredibly pleasant aroma coming from a flowering bush that made the balcony so wonderful to sit on! The two person jacuzzi tub was heaven after my husband's first 3 Gap experience! The breakfasts were better than any restaurant in town could have offered! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We just returned home after spending three nights here. We stayed in The Dancing Bear Cottage and loved it. Quaint, cozy & romantic in the woods in this one bedroom cottage for two. With modern decor and the feel of a new cabin, you will feel "removed" from it all. We really enjoyed the screened in porch, all of Mother Nature's sounds & cool breezes in the am & pm. It was hard to leave this cottage and go out as it has all the amenities. We enjoyed dining in town, hiking Amicalola Falls & shopping in Blue Ridge. The nearby wineries are fun, too but most are open mid to late week or weekends only. We did visit The Cottage winery & Vineyards & Frogtown Cellars.... Both very good. We relaxed by the pool on the property and even saw a teenage cub from The Inn passing through and feeding on bird seed. A true gem in The Gold Mining Town.

Room Tip: The Inn has several rooms that I imagine are lovely. My husband and I opted for more privacy and br...
1  Thank Amlovett
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A place where one can be both pampered and private. The owners' sense of harmony with the countryside and the community is evident in their graceful attention to every aspect of the inn. Comfortable rooms accented with local art, and various lounging areas on the grounds and inside created a welcoming and laid back atmosphere that made us feel like we were staying at a friend's country home. Breakfast was delicious.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I highly recommend the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn and Spa. It's a lovingly created masterpiece of charming surroundings with great care provided by the owners, David and Dennis. The breakfast each morning was outstanding! We started our 2 night stay, after having been warmly greeted by David, with a fabulous hour and one half couples massage. That was followed by a trip to the hot tub and pool which is surrounded by beautiful landscaping, views of the Appalachian mountains and the several gorgeous outdoor seating areas. Upon the owner's recommendation, we went to a Seafood restaurant in Dahlonega that was quite good. Let's talk about the bedding next - the mattress was like a hug and the sheets soft as a cloud. The owners even brought us breakfast in our room on the first morning. We stayed in the Mountain View room and it was not only well-appointed from a view standpoint, but the room was crafted with a lot of attention to detail for what guests would need during their stay. Each afternoon, the owners bake yummy treats for the guests (oatmeal, chocolate coconut cookies the first night and pecan pie squares the next). We also liked the Copper Penny Bar with beer wine and champagne. The B&B is conveniently located near Dahlonega, lots of gorgeous North Georgia waterfalls and great shopping at the Dawsonville Outlets (especially on a holiday weekend when the deals are outrageously good - check the N. GA Premium Outlet's website for VIP coupons to bring with you before you go shopping). We had a wonderful and romantic stay and will go back to visit this B&B and David and Dennis again. ~ Mimi

1  Thank Mimi_East_Atl
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Highly recommend this B&B for any type of trip/celebration/adventure. The property includes a small bar, breakfast area, common areas for reading/tv, outdoor seating, what appeared to be a vineyard, pool/hot tub, and nature path, all meticulously maintained. I've probably omitted some amenities as we didn't get to stay very long. This would be our first choice for another trip to North GA.

Room Tip: The Parlor Suite was well-appointed and spacious.
1  Thank Samantha_Harrell_GA
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My boyfriend and I, which is now my fiancé, stayed in this wonderful B&B for two nights at the beginning of August. When we pulled up and walked inside, we knew we were in a very special place. The grounds are beautiful, peaceful, well maintained, and it is very apparent that Dennis and David take pride in their B&B. When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner, given a tour of the house, and then led to our room on the second floor, which was the Vineyard Room. The Vineyard Room was perfect and has a wonderful little balcony that overlooks a small vineyard and garden. The room is private, cozy, and equipped with everything one could possibly want while on vacation, including a comfortable bed for sleeping. I fell in love with the body wash supplied for guests...definitely spa quality. It was so peaceful sitting on the balcony in the mornings drinking coffee, waiting for the sun to rise, and always exciting to see what was going to be served for breakfast. The breakfast both days was absolutely exquisite. Our second day in Dahlonega was a day I will never forget, because my boyfriend proposed to me at Wolf Mountain Vineyards. On a side note, I highly recommend making a reservation for lunch at the Vineyard Café at Wolf Mountain. Anyways, when we arrived back at the B&B, we were congratulated several times by the owners and were surprised when we were given a wonderful glass of champagne while relaxing at the pool area, where we spent a great deal of our time relaxing. I could go on and on with so many wonderful things to say about this B&B. I know we will definitely be back and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great, relaxing place to stay. Thank you Dennis and David for making our stay truly perfect!

Room Tip: Vineyard room is great and very private.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!