“Great Mountain Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2006

Great weekend getaway for anniversary or special occassion. We combined a birthday with an Valentine Wine & Chocolates tour thru some of the amazingly good wineries in the area. The local Dahlonega Theater provided great evening entertainment and there are several restaurants close by. Loved the personal touches provided by the owners. The room was cozy and we loved having a fireplace on a chilly winter night. We're just trying to find the time to go back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2004, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Trip-Wisher

Reviewed 5 December 2006

My husband and I visited about a year ago and LOVE it! I have recommended it to many friends!

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed 14 October 2005

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to Mountain Laurel Creek Inn & Spa. It has become our favorite North Georgia get-away. Dennis and David have done such a superb job of creating a paradise. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are wonderful. We felt like it was our own private oasis! even though others were there. The breakfast was delicious (apple pancakes this stay and the egg wrap last time). We can not recommend this B&B strongly enough.

And as if the accommodations are not enough- the spa services are great! treat yourself!

Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2005

My fiancee and I spent a weekend enjoying Georgia Wine Country (don't miss Frogtown winery while you're in the area. Very good wines and Jordan, one of the owners is such a sweetie!!) and this B&B - what a wonderful way to celebrate my 40th birthday! We are both B&B snobs - we never stay in hotels. Dennis and David have paid attention to just about every detail and as an interior designer, I set very high standards.

Our room was the Vineyard Room and both Ben and I felt like we were in a far away luxury mountain resort yet we had only driven 45 minutes up the road to find this gem! The bed was to die for!!! It was so luxurious I peaked underneath the sheets to see how they made it so fluffy! Top notch linens were used and we just enjoyed lazing in bed in that beautiful Tuscan room.

The bathroom is also a wonderful treat with a ceiling heater just outside the shower so when you step out, you're not cold! EVERY B&B should be so well planned and thought out. We loved the whirlpool tub for two and spent a romantic evening in front of the fireplace. ;o)

We both had spa treatments - Ben loved his facial and I had a massage. I wish they could do a couples massage in your room - THAT would be fabulous!

Breakfast was just as Southern Living magazine described - FABulous!! (Amazing how fancy whipped yogurt can look and taste when served in a cocktail glass!) Wonderful music was playing (Jane Monheit).

We had dinners at the Oar House (no need to dress up - good food a bit pricey) and the Corkscrew Cafe (again, no need to dress up but FABulous food - pricey but worth it. Sit outside on the covered deck in the back of the property. You may need to ask, at first we weren't given an option but we overheard someone talking about outdoor eating. It was very charming - white twinkle lights everywhere). We also had lunch at Rick's Cafe just off the Square in Dahlanega - AWESOME salads - get their house salad dressing. It's wonderful and they sell it - take some home!! Great bread for dipping!

Best of all was the personal attention Dennis and David take with their guests and their lovely B&B. They are there to welcome you and to make your stay the best it can be. We went to another B&B in Charleston just a month later (mind you, this is the city of Southern hospitality!) and we NEVER met the owners who lived on property. We're pretty sure the lady at the front desk one evening was the owner, but she never introduced herself or welcomed us. They had their cleaning staff do everything and when we arrived at about 7:00 pm, our door keys were in an envelope outside the front door! You WON'T get that kind of treatment at MLC!

I only had two small areas where they could improve is 1. Have slippers! There were nice fluffy terrycloth white robes to wear (and we did as we sat out and had our cocoa and coffee Sunday morning) but our toes were cold and we hadn't thought to bring socks. Lastly, the top of the built-in hair dryer wasn't dusted and quite a bit of stuff had built up on it (a small detail, I know). Otherwise, MLC really is paradise on Earth. We are looking forward to going back again. If you want to surprise your wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend, THIS is the B&B to choose. You will have NO regrets - I guarantee it!

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank DHK017
Reviewed 26 April 2005

I have spent two weekends at the Mountain Laurel Creek Bed and Breakfast and will go back again in a heartbeat. The property and the inn itself are lovely, the rooms are tastefully furnished and decorated, down to the little details. The breakfast is always delicious and the hosts are delightful. It is a great weekend getaway for anyone in the Atlanta area, or elsewhere for that matter.

2  Thank CristinZ
Reviewed 10 April 2005

This Bed and Breakfast is AMAZING! We came for an overnight and wish we could have stayed a week. The rooms are so comfortable, and luxurious. We fell in love with this inn, and the town as well. The hospitality and overall atmoshpere was more than we could have asked for or expected. The best compliment we can give is that we will be counting the days until we can get back!

• Stayed: July 2004
1  Thank Bluhm_S
Reviewed 17 January 2005

Well, where do I start. If I could rate it 6 stars I would! My wife and I have done many B&B's in US and Europe, we both agree that this was our best experience. The owners, David and Dennis, have an establishment that spares no details. The place is immaculate, not a speck of dust to be found! In every way, this place is an upscale experience. Our breakfast each morning was Cranberry/Orange Croissant French Toast and what Dennis calls Dahlonega Gold, which is an egg dish using phyllo pastry wrapped around sausage and eggs. We are not talking your typical bacon and eggs here! The accomodations have every detail taken care of; jacuzzi tubs for 2, CD player (no TV), thick lush towels, terry robes etc. I could go on but no need, you get the point. Outside Jacuzzi awaits also, wine and cheese in the afternoon. They are located on top of a mountain, about 6 miles out of Dahlonega. If you cherish solitude and exceptional service, this is your place.

15  Thank Thomas T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!