“Awesome place for a getaway!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahlonega
Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Suwanee, Georgia
“Awesome place for a getaway!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The inn and grounds are spectacular, with nice little touches throughout. It is obvious much thought was put into the rooms, the grounds, the breakfast, etc. As good as all this is, it is only outweighed by the hospitality from the inn. David in particular was an excellent host and very interesting to talk with. My wife and I celebrated our 24 anniversary along with friends celebrating their 28th, while we were there a young couple was their spending their first married night together, Mountain Laurel was perfect for young and not so young alike. :) We will be back, what a great find.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I found this place online while searching for a getaway in Dahlonega. I am so glad I stayed here and not somewhere else. I stayed at the Dancing Bear cottage. Immaculate does not begin to describe it. It was so clean I could have licked anything it in and been just fine. And I am notoriously picky.

The screen in porch was heavenly. It backs up to woods, so there is complete privacy. There is also a hot tub on the porch I used every day. In the bathroom, there was a steam shower that was so amazing, I am ordering it for my home. There is also a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, also though I only used the outdoor one.

I had the D’Vine Wine Therapy Treatment Package at the spa and it was amazing. I go to the spa several times a week so I’m a bit of a connoisseur, and there was nothing lacking at all. It's 2 1/2 hours and a very reasonable price.

The bed is super comfy. I am actually an insomniac, but between the spa, the hot tub, the steam shower and falling asleep to the sounds of crickets, I had my first full 8 hours of sleep in years. I’m coming back in two weeks and I’ll probably come at least once a month until I die or it burns down, whichever comes first. Do yourself a favor and go.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank redskinfan78
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My wife and I had the most unbelievable stay at the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn and Spa. Dennis and Dave, the owners, treated us like King and Queen and helped to make our 41st Anniversary something we will not soon forget. We stayed in the Parlor Room that was spacious and uniquely decorated. The grounds on the property were full of surprises with different places to sit, and relax, read a book or just blend with the natural surroundings. The gourmet breakfasts were something you would expect at a 5 star restaurant. Add to that, the Spa services available right on the property just added to the experience. Just an unbelievable experience and we can't wait until we go back again. Thanks again to Dennis and Dave for making our trip so enjoyable.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The perfect place for a romantic getaway! Or any getaway, but since my wife and I have not been away without the kids in 11 years, ours was romantic! Beautiful rooms, beautiful grounds and Dahlonega is a picture perfect town! The innkeepers were amazing and made us feel like family! We will definitely be back!

myrtle beach sc
Reviewed 19 July 2010

TEN STAR INN! I know 5 is as high as it goes, but Mt. Laurel Creek Inn & Spa, is just way above a 5! My husband and I got lost on the way to the inn, and David could not have been kinder or more patient with us. Mt Laurel Creek Inn is just the most beautiful, relaxing, inviting inn we have stayed in. The Laurel Suite is the one we chose, and could not have been more pleased. Pictures do not do it justice! Loved the bathroom...the views, the decor, everything! Our only regret is that we could not have stayed much longer...we did not get to enjoy half of what they offer. Breakfast was wonderful, grounds are beautiful, hosts go far and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful time. "Attention to every detail" sums it up! Can't say enough! Don't miss this place!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I had the honor and privilege of staying at the Dancing Bear Cottage for a few nights; my wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon. I had also recently returned from some humanitarian aid in Haiti, needless to say this stay afforded me the exact ratio of romance and relaxation I needed. This peaceful, quaint, cozy, beautiful, deeply nestled, etc. bed and breakfast was the most amazing stay I have ever had. There are numerous words that could TRY and describe the awesomeness of the aura, presentation, room, personality of the hosts, attention to detail and more than can be listed. However, trying to describe something so serene…so perfect…with words…is an injustice to the utter beauty of the Mountain Laurel Creek Inn & Spa.
The accommodations were amazing, to say the least; the attention to detail was second to none! The cabin was furnished with hardwood everything, a modern appearance, books about the local area, a jetted tub, a hot tub, a balcony with a gorgeous view, a full kitchen and an unmistakably genius style; the cookware and utensils were even above standard, Emeril and Onieda! I wish I could mirror the detail so elegantly displayed in that cabin. The hosts were friendly, knowledgeable, entertaining and helpful but non-intrusive; their presence was known, but never overbearing. In addition to all of this, the cabin was centrally located to nearby attractions such as waterfalls, the downtown square, gold mines, horseback riding, kayaking, shopping, fine dining and plenty of quality vineyards. This was the most incredible stay I have ever had and I would recommend the privilege of these accommodations to my best friends, my family and even a stranger. I only wish I had stayed longer...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Stopped at Mountain Laurel on return trip home. Wow, what a place to find relaxation. Serene location with plenty of common areas to relax and take in the surrounding mountains. Hosts provided relaxing environment, enjoyable conversation and delicious breakfast. Rooms are large and quite accommodating. Only regret is we only stayed one night. Will definitely return for longer stay...soon.

BB
Decatur, Al

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Hall House Hotel
Hall House Hotel
#6 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Mtn Laurel Creek Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!