“Too Expensive for Mediocre Fare”
Review of Main Street Burger - CLOSED

Main Street Burger
Atlanta, Georgia
“Too Expensive for Mediocre Fare”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had one request to nice young girl who took our order on (Friday 12/13/2013): "Please make the french fries well done/crispy." She looked at me and nicely said, "No, sorry, we cannot do that." I was stunned. I don't think it was an unreasonable request. But she said that due to their ordering system all the fries came out the same. WOW...again...WOW...that needs to change! I also thought that $24.18 for a chicken sandwich and a bison burger with two fries was a bit steep for Dahlonega. The food was "OK" (not great) and we sat at a counter in front of the window as people tried to scoot behind us near the front door. For that money I would rather eat at a full service restaurant not an "order, pay, and we'll bring it to you" restaurant. Additionally, the more stuff you get added to your burger the more you pay. That's OK if you want a burger on the "plain" side, but not so good if you want "the works!" It can add up quickly! Don't think I'll be going back here...sorry.

• Visited December 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegetarian options”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a new casual restaurant that opened in Dahlonega and despite the name, they do have a veggie burger. It is homemade and actually very good. It is a little spicy which gives it a unique flavor. A variety of toppings are available, some of which are free and others that you pay a charge each. You are also charged for sauces.They have very good sweet potato fries. One person in our group had a meat burger and said that it was good. There are two downsides of this restaurant.The first is that they serve the burgers in a very small open paper container typically used for small fries. This does make it difficult to eat the burger especially if it has a lot of toppings. The other downside is that once you add in toppings and sauces your burger may cost around $9. A little expensive for such a casual restaurant.

• Visited November 2013