“The best onion rings in North Georgia”
Review of Main Street Burger - CLOSED

Main Street Burger
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am always looking for good onion rings. The rings here are homemade and delicious. Besides that they have burgers dogs and fries. All good.. Service good not excellent but the wait staff hustles and they are very nice. I am from Dahlonega and I am always looing for good food. This is better than average. Maybe a little expensive but worth the fare. Try it, especially the onion rings.

2  Thank Lanny T

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We ended up here after 2 nearby Italian restaurants could not accommodate our large extended family group of 10. While their dining area is not really set up for large groups they scrambled and managed to seat us all together and make us comfortable relatively quickly. The prices were a little more than I expected for a "burger and fries" joint but as long as you don't go crazy with extra toppings (and there are plenty of choices) you can easily get out for around $10 per person. The food came out hot and fast and they were thoughtful enough to bring out the kid's food and milkshakes first. While the drink refills were self serve, they did come back to the table several times to check on us and clear our plates. One employee was even kind enough to serve as an impromptu photographer so no one got left out of the family photographs.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I will never go back here. The food was ok, but the service was horrible. You have to fill out a form with your name and order. When they brought our order out they plopped it in front of our 10 year old and said the tickets were on the tray so we could sort it out. Speaking of kids, there is no kids menu! No smaller portions at all. You prepay for your meal and they want you to add gratuity before you even sit down. This place will not last long in Dahlonega unless they make major changes. Too many other places to choose where the service is great.

1  Thank 516brandyt
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had one request to nice young girl who took our order on (Friday 12/13/2013): "Please make the french fries well done/crispy." She looked at me and nicely said, "No, sorry, we cannot do that." I was stunned. I don't think it was an unreasonable request. But she said that due to their ordering system all the fries came out the same. WOW...again...WOW...that needs to change! I also thought that $24.18 for a chicken sandwich and a bison burger with two fries was a bit steep for Dahlonega. The food was "OK" (not great) and we sat at a counter in front of the window as people tried to scoot behind us near the front door. For that money I would rather eat at a full service restaurant not an "order, pay, and we'll bring it to you" restaurant. Additionally, the more stuff you get added to your burger the more you pay. That's OK if you want a burger on the "plain" side, but not so good if you want "the works!" It can add up quickly! Don't think I'll be going back here...sorry.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a new casual restaurant that opened in Dahlonega and despite the name, they do have a veggie burger. It is homemade and actually very good. It is a little spicy which gives it a unique flavor. A variety of toppings are available, some of which are free and others that you pay a charge each. You are also charged for sauces.They have very good sweet potato fries. One person in our group had a meat burger and said that it was good. There are two downsides of this restaurant.The first is that they serve the burgers in a very small open paper container typically used for small fries. This does make it difficult to eat the burger especially if it has a lot of toppings. The other downside is that once you add in toppings and sauces your burger may cost around $9. A little expensive for such a casual restaurant.