“PERFECT!!!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“PERFECT!!!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I wanted a quick holiday getaway and I stumbled upon the perfect location at Long Mountain Lodge. We stayed in the Quinn room and it was so inviting and relaxing. I did not want to get out of the comfy bed each morning but forced myself so as not to miss Diane's breakfast. Diane is an awesome chef. I cannot say enough about the wonderful breakfasts she prepared. The pears with vanilla sauce keeps popping up in my mind. So yummy!
I am not an outdoors person but loved the walk to the pond. The area is so peaceful. Both Diane and Don draw excellent maps and give excellent directions. Our 3 day stay was perfect!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
longmountain, Owner at Long Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Hope you are keeping warm in Saint Louis! Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review. We enjoyed meeting you both and would love to see you again when you decide to visit the North Georgia Mountains again. We wish you a happy and peaceful new year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We had gone on a 25th anniversary tip to Savannah and stayed at a B &B there. Long mountain lodge was even better! For our 40th we were not disappointed. Fabulous food and accomodations! Diane and Don made us feel at home. She even did all of the work and obtained Holly Theater tickets for the production "Mame". Wonderful time. Plan to return next year !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We hope to see you again on your 41st! (Next year's December performance at the Holly Theater "Irving Berlin's White Christmas".)
Louisiana
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Lodge is VERY nice, warm and welcoming. A new comer to Select Registry and definitely worthy of the honor. Very relaxing, tranquil view from back porch. Breakfast was great . Big varieties of teas, chocolate and even cherry coffee. Afternoon wine and cheese. Don was very knowledgeable and helpful in providing trails / waterfalls to visit. His leads were accurate and worth visiting (except perhaps the Raven Cliff Falls). I am not a big waffle eater, but have to admit, the waffles was the most delicate and BEST waffles I ever ate. The baked pear with vanilla almond sauce: also very different and tasty. We stayed in the 3 bedroom / 2 bath cabin with fireplace and fire ring. Sleeps 6 comfortably. It is 4.8 mile from Hwy 19. Come relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Lodges with leather Love Seat are nicer to me, although some people may prefer rocker
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! Please come back and see us when you are in the Georgia Mountains again. I'm so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the beauty of our surrounding area and our quaint town.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wonderful Hospitality by Diane Q, Owner of this wonderful establishment. She honored a mess up by Expedia for the whole 3 days my family & I stayed at the cabin (3/2 with 3 queen beds; sleeps 6) and served us her mouth watering scrumptious breakfasts @ the Lodge.
This is a first class establishment, breathtaking views of the mountains right outside our cabin (elevation 1,675+). Amazing waterfalls in the area and friendly town folk. Being from the city, my family and I were scared to be out after dark as there are no lights on the roads or the steep driveway @ our cabin....but we used the fully furnished kitchen and used Diane's two cookbooks with her wonderful recipes.

Room Tip: Private, Secluded, Peaceful at the Cabin on Long Mountain Lodge
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I really enjoyed getting to know your family! Next time the driveway won't seem so daunting to you and we sure hope that you consider coming back to see us again. Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We spent a week visiting the No Georgia mtns and stayed at Long Mountain Lodge for 2 nights in the Whissenhunt Suite. Our room was spacious and we slept comfortably and the Inn was quiet, even when full. We enjoyed having an area where we could watch tv without being in bed (I might recommend having a loveseat, rather than the seat in the room, but that's a minor quibble). Most of the time we were out enjoying the beautiful area including the hikes so we didn't get to spend too much time relaxing at the Inn, but the view from the porch looked great and the Lodge is cozy. We loved driving by the burro on our way up to the Inn--not something you see every day! Dianne had terrific recommendations for dining (Italian one night, Irish pub the next) and her breakfasts were so very delicious. I loved them so much, I had to buy her Lodge cookbook. Before our stay, I would have said I'm not a waffle person, now that I've had Dianne's waffles, there's just no comparison to waffles I've eaten before. Don was a great resource for our hikes and we made the most of our time by following his lead. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Long Mtn Lodge and out of the 4 places we visited during our week long Georgia visit, I was the most comfortable here & it was my favorite place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen D
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you were able to experience some of our favorite hikes and restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed my breakfasts and the waffles! We look forward to seeing you when you are in north Georgia again
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were truly thankful to be given a free nights' stay in honor of Veterans Day.

The hospitality was amazing! They have literally thought of everything. The lodge is so inviting, the rooms are impeccably clean and no luxury has been spared. Breakfast was delicious and they were more than willing to accommodate my husband's special diet.

We are already making plans to go back and hopefully bring some friends.

• Stayed November 2013
We would like the opportunity to thank you again for service and sacrifices your family has made for our country. We are honored to offer complimentary rooms on Veterans Day to armed service persons and veterans such as yourselves. We look forward to seeing you in the future
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the lodge for 4 nights. From the second we walked in til we left we were pampered like no other. Diane's breakfast are amazing, the best. We couldn't move afterwards.
The view was unbelievable and the lodge was just first class.
It was all amazing, but what puts it over the top is the staff. Don in particular.
We wanted to do some hiking while we were there, after talking with Don (the hiking guide) he recommended a private waterfall that barely anyone knows about. It was just what we needed. The next day, we wanted another, but an all day event. Not only did he send us on a 5 mile hike that had over 8 waterfalls, but also recommended a local sandwich shop that made the best sandwiches ever. So we figured, 2 awesome hikes, we have his resources tapped, but we asked for more, and more he delivered. The next morning we went to a waterfall on the Appalachian trail. It was breathtaking. The last day we wanted something a little different, so he sent us to a mountain top on the Appalachian trail with a great view, but warned us that there would be other ppl there so he told us about a secret trail just past this that give the same view but surrounded us with nothing but privacy. Amazing. Thanks Don and Diane for the best trip.
We will be back

Room Tip: Campbell room has a nice leather couch in front of a TV Also I got click happy, there isn't a p...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
longmountain, Owner at Long Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for the lovely review of your experiences while staying at Long Mountain Lodge. We live in such a beautiful area in the National Forest and love to share our hiking experiences with guests, whether it be to one the multitude of waterfalls in the surrounding area or to one of the several view hikes on the Appalachian Trail. Lots more falls to view and mountains to climb...hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Long Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!