“Can't wait to go back”

Long Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Dahlonega B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2010

My husband and I choose bed and breakfasts when we travel. I am so very happy that when we were traveling through Georgia on our way to Asheville, that we had not allowed more time in Dahlonega. It is a very nice town. It brings you back in time. Long Mountain Lodge is the perfect place to stay when visiting there. It is just a short drive to town and the comfort there is second to none. Loved sitting in front of the fireplace and drinking sherry. Dianne is an EXCELLENT host. She is warm, very informative, and cooks up an awesome breakfast. We will definitely return to Long Mountain Lodge.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Long Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 16 December 2009

What a wonderful place. My husband and I went to celebrate our 6th anniversary. This was a great retreat. Very peaceful and comfortable rooms. I was worried about having enough privacy since it is a b&b, but there was plenty of privacy. The room we stayed in, Winding Stairs, was very large with a nice sized bathroom...with a jacquizzi. It is on the bottom floor with a patio looking out at the mountains. The bed was very comfortable and we also had a nice fire place, with extra wood available. Dianne was a great host, and also a wonderful chef. The breakfast is 3 course and wonderful.
The town of Dahlonega is like a storybook. We ate at Porterhouse, and the steaks were very good. The food was very affordale, for what you got, and the atmosphere was nice. We also went to the Wolf Mountain Winery, which was by far the nicest winery I have ever been to. Wines were great, food was great, the building was beautiful as well as the mountain views. If you have time to make it to the Gold Musuem, the old courthouse in the middle of the square, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My wife and I wanted to get away one last time before the birth of our first two baby boys in December. We found Long Mountain Lodge on the internet and decided on it over a few other B&B's in Dahlonega. When we arrived in the afternoon, there was note on the door welcoming us and we had the house to ourselves. There were fresh baked cookies out, teas, coffee, as well as some port and sherry to enjoy. We toured the house and then settled into out room (Winding Stairs Gap Suite) which was very spacious and clean. The fireplace was already prepared for us and all we had to do was light it. I met Dianne, the owner and innkeeper, as I was getting some tea. She was extremly pleasant to be around and provided anything we needed/wanted. My wife and I walked out of our room onto the back porch and sat and watched a beautiful sunset. For dinner, we drove into town and ate at Crimson Moon Cafe, which was delightful. We returned to Long Mountain and relaxed the night away with our fireplace crackling. The morning brought freshly brewed coffee right outside our door (in the library/game room downstairs), and a breakfast that was cooked to order and unbelievable(Thanks Dianne!!!). We sat with two other couples at the table (a couple from Orlando, and a British couple) and talked and laughed as we enjoyed breakfast. It was several courses, each of them delicious. I eat a lot and wasn't able to finish. We finished our stay relaxing off the food we had just eaten. It was such a pleasure, and we will definitely be back when we can.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

My wife and I enjoyed location, the hospitality, the breakfasts, and the area. We intend to stay here again. It is great for history, hiking, visiting wineries, restaurants, and the views are beautiful. It is one of the best bed and breakfasts we have stayed at.

Reviewed 7 October 2009

This was our first bed and breakfast experience and we enjoyed it very much. The lodge was clean and had modern decorations. The breakfast was probably the best and most elegant I have ever had. The owners were hospitable as well.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I came here on our "babymoon" before the birth of our second child. We were there on a Sunday and Monday night. This place was so wonderful and remote- about a 10 minute drive from the cute Dahlonega town square. It's literally in the middle of no where and the porches open up to woods and lakes. So refreshing and just want we needed to relax. The lodge is well-appointed in a very nice "log cabin" theme. The breakfasts were delicious- 3 courses of yumminess. I inquired about getting a pregnancy massage as soon as we arrived and the innkeeper knew exactly which masseuse in town had that certification and made the arrangements for me. The library on the bottom floor has lots of books and some movies and each room has a TV and VCR/DVD player and cable. We were well taken care of here and enjoyed our time!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We had a delightful, romantic evening for our anniversary. The room was superb. All possible amenities were included, including games, candles, private porch, wine and cheese, maps and local advice, privacy, views....! We were very impressed and pleased. The breakfast was also wonderful, out on the balcony with great service, food and drink. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#7 of 9 in Dahlonega
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Long Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!