“Way overrated”
Review of Days Inn Dahlonega

Days Inn Dahlonega
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at Days Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews, which we usually trust, but we're disappointed. The hotel is simply worn out, from the sheets to the bathroom, pictures on the wall, light fixtures and ancient tv. The front desk people were nice, but we kept looking up the hill at the nice looking Holiday Inn Express. Would not recommend Days Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I just spent the weekend at the Days Inn in Dahlonega, GA and it was a very pleasant surprise. Room was great and probably the most comfortable bed I have had in a hotel. The man at the desk said it was Sealy pillow top, slept great. Best part was the view of the Georgia Mountains from the 8x4 picture window. I can't say enough good things about this Days Inn. Definitely worth staying there if you are traveling through north GA.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the mountains are the best. Anything on the second floor and half of the first...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This hotel is a good value around $60/ It is older, but a redo. Modest room. Bed was nice and nice bedding. A little worn, but so am I. We got a room on the second floor, room 213. There is a large picture widow from the second floor rooms that have a great view. It is nicer than the downstairs room.

Room Tip: stay on the second floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here in September 2011 when we were attending a wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega.

Though we live in Atlanta, we didn't want to make the drive all the way back after a late evening, so we decided to get a hotel in town.

The room was very clean, and the location was great! We visited downtown Dahlonega twice while we were there, and it was only a few minutes from the hotel.

The management was very nice, even printing out mapquest directions for a wedding guest who accidentally followed us back to our hotel thinking we were staying at the same place (they were staying at another hotel and didn't know how to get there from the Days Inn.)

The view from the room is pretty, and the surrounding area is quiet.

Great budget hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank QueenBecca037
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel weekly , on bussiness for two years. I believe this hotel is the best value in the area. The rooms are clean every room has a refig. The staff does everything reasonable to make sure the guest is well taken care of. The management is honest. I highly recommend this motel to anyone staying in the area Bart Barber MD

• Stayed: November 2011
daysinndahlonega, Manager at Days Inn Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments

Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Every event that sends me back to Dahlonega,GA.I have always stayed at the Days Inn.From my very first vist I was treated as an apprecaited individual.The owners are always quick to share information of the surrounding area, rooms are always clean,and every attempt is made to accomodate the guests wishes.
Extremly economical for those on a budget .With the great outdoor activities and things to do ,who would stay inside, but when its time to settle in, the beds are comfy and breakfast in the morning is simple,quck but always fresh .

Room Tip: Select the second floor for great views of the mountains!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel on Tripadvisor

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2012

Reviewed 2 December 2011

The management was incredibly friendly and responsive. My mother arrived a day before me. When she arrived, Devon (front desk mgr) wanted to make sure that she had a good view so he wanted to put her in a room on the second floor. My mom really appreciated this. The only problem was that her suitcase was too heavy for her to carry upstairs. Devon made sure that someone helped her with that. With all of that settled, she was so happy to have such a beautiful view to look at. When I arrived, Devon shared with me that he had made sure my mom had a nice room and that she was comfortable. That was so nice of him. He also surprised me by reducing my already low rate at the time I checked in. Upon checkout, the management very happily printed my boarding pass for me on their printer. Overall, the customer service was outstanding. This was very surprising for a budget-level motel, and was much appreciated. Great job!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel and your experience

We appreciate you taking the time to post these comments

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Days Inn Dahlonega? Share your experiences!