“Great service”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
Sanford, Florida
“Great service”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

When I got there the guy at the desk was so nice, even with me so exhausted. I needed to find a place to get food and he gave me a brochure for the town and suggestions where to try. He gave me a great room at a great price and even checked to make sure that I was safe since I was by myself. When I checked Out in the morning I got to see the same guy another guy who was just as nice. Had a great conversation about the tale of the dragon and they made sure I got some fresh coffee.
The room needs just a little upgrading, but it was as clean as an older hotel can be and the shower was great. Ooh, and the bed was very comfortable with plush pillows. He even made sure that I got a room on the bottom floor so I didn't have to walk up the stairs.
I found that my sister used the same hotel before and found the same great service I did when she was there last year.
I definitely recommend them for anyone and will use them again the next time I am through the area.
Thank you gentlemen for a great stay and appreciate the talk and thanks for noticing my ohm. You gave me great energy for the rest of my drive about.

Room Tip: The ice machine is near the office. Others than that:Just be nice to everyone you meet, especially h...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I and various members of my family have been staying here for at least three years. I come several times a year because my whole family lives up here - sister and brother-in-law, four nieces and two grand nieces. I have stayed sometimes one or two nights up to two weeks and have been a guest here at least six times. I feel totally at home here. The management continues to update so the rooms are attractive, the bathrooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable with immaculate and new bedspreads and plenty of pillows. More importantly, the two managers go out of their way to fulfill their customers' needs. I have requested early check-in, IF available, late check-out (noon), I have had business to conduct and they helped me send a fax for me the other day. Every request and need I had was responded to with graciousness and immediacy. The pool is good-sized, clean, has comfortable lounge furniture and round tables and chairs with large nice umbrellas - we have had many a poolside meal in the evening with our family. Even the parking lots and walkways are very clean and maintained daily. Parking accommodations are excellent and very accessible and convenient to the rooms.After comparison shopping with other lodging in the area when I first started visiting here, the rates here are more than reasonable - you get a lot of value for your money, including a lovely continental breakfast. In summary, in addition to all the amenities I have listed above, is the excellent nature and performance of the management. THEY TRULY CARE ABOUT YOUR COMFORT AND SATISFACTION WITH YOUR STAY, and they are ALWAYS available to assist you in any way they can 24 hours a day, with courtesy and concern. This is the place to stay in the Dahlonega area!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MandM16
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Excellent staff very friendly and willing to give you the best service. Facility was clean and the mountain view was pretty especially at sunset. No odors in the room. It was fresh & clean. Other guests were also friendly and willing to talk at breakfast time....felt very much like visiting with friends. It was only a short distance to town. We plan to return next year if not before!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BettySue W
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed two nights 18-19 May 12 because of the price of the hotel. We'll definitely pay the extra next time. Our first night was uneventful except the room smelled musty (the hotel has definitely seen better days). The second night received a phone call from the manager at 9:30 p.m. complaining that we were taking up two spaces with our motorcycles. We had parked both bikes in one space at the top of the hill away from the hotel. Even if we had used two spots the lot certainly wasn't full. The next morning when we were checking out the manager verbally accosted my husband because he had used a hand towel to wipe the dew off our seats. If you're on a motorcycle find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn Express next door.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Karen B
daysinndahlonega, Manager at Days Inn Dahlonega, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Thank you for posting your comments. We apologize that you had a poor experience and that you felt that we did not accomodate your bikes, We have bikers stay with us throughout the year and they really enjoy our services to make them feel safe and welcoming-we are sorry that you were the exception

Hopefully we can do a better job next time you are in the area
North Druid Hills
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The locals advised us to stay at another motor inn in Dahlonega, but the Days Inn was closer and fewer cars in the parking lot. Since we had been camping, and really didn't want anything upscale, the price seemed right and it was convenient. We were expecting something clean, easy to download gear into, and a place to rest before resuming our journey. What we didn't expect was the view of the mountains out the back from our room. Nice. More importantly, the next day, after checking out before dawn and driving and hiking, we realized: uh-oh, we'd left the laptop computer back in the room. A day later Deven and Vasant Patel were smiling behind the counter even before we even got out of the car, asking, "Did you miss something?" Umm, yes. It's nice to have an honest view, both of the mountains and the innkeepers.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us. We appreciate the honest feedback and that we reunited you with your property too

Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn Dahlonega Ga during the first week of April 2012 and were very impressed with the comfort, cleanliness and the great view for the price. We were in Room 213 and had a beautiful view of the mountains to the north! The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
daysinndahlonega, Manager at Days Inn Dahlonega, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel

We look forward to wecoming you back in the near future
Ocala
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Hi, My name is Joe and I travel to Dahlonega, GA. from Ocala, FL. about two to three times a year. I was there most recently on the 18th and 19th of April 2012 and was very pleased with the good service, and the cleanliness of the room. I will stay there again! Thank you, Days Inn--keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega

Been to Days Inn Dahlonega? Share your experiences!