“Rooms with a view”

Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dahlonega
Reviewed 25 July 2013

What a great view from our room. The North GA mountains were outside our window, dusk on the mountain was great to see. Downtown has many restaurants to choose from, drive was less than a mile away, downhill. Being on motorcycles, rolling hills and the start of the mountains we expected downtown be to hilly, everything is flat, central parking near all restraurants. Hotel parking was available for cars, trucks will trailers park at the end of the parking lot. Hotel staff told us to park the motorcycles under the entry near the entrance. That was nice and ease of going in the morning. Breakfast was a challenge, seemed like everyone came down at the same time, 0800, food was in limited supply, grabbed a banana, some juice and moved on down the road, as we were not going to wait for the other folks to make way to sit and get breakfast, as we checked out, other came rolling in looking for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north or on the side that entrance is on, the mountain views morning and eveni...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDubie
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega

Reviewed 23 July 2013

There were four in our party and we got two rooms. We all agreed that the rooms were very clean. The view from our rooms was great. We are priority customers and didn't receive our little welcome gifts. They were great about letting us check in early. I do think that it was over priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Spencer1952
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Quick, last minute trip to the area with my kids. Needed a hotel at the last minute and chose this one instead of the less expensive Days Inn or Quality Inn hoping for a a decent room. Outside of building and public areas are well kept. Room is of the standard of a Quality Inn- no fridge, no microwave, thin sheets/towels,very small with open closet. Outside pool, no hot tub.

At this moment the manager is in my room debating with me if the room smells like urine or not-it does. As soon as the air goes off the rm 320 smells like pee. When I called down this am she told me that all the ac's had gotten a sour smell because of the rain collecting in them so they had been cleaning them hoping to get rid of the smell. So I asked her if it was mold- she says it's not but what else could it be? So she decided to come up. Knocks on door, no greeting walks in and asks why I turned the ac off. Told her it had been off for a few minutes. Tells me she doesn't smell anything and she has a sensitive nose. I explain that I do too and the room smells like pee and she might want to clean the carpet for the next guest. She basically tells me it doesn't and says she will be back in a few minutes..... I decided to write this while I am waiting.

I used to manage hotels and never in my life could I imagine treating guests like this. Stay somewhere else. The room and service are no better than a very low end chain hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rm 320 unless they finally replace carpet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear MIKEEMIKEE10,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room smell and the air conditioning which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Traveling by motorcycle through the area and stayed the night.
The prices were reasonable, the hotel was very clean. The free hot breakfast is a nice plus. My room was a king, second floor, first door to the right after exiting the elevator. It was small, since I was traveling alone it was adequate but amazingly small than the hotel rooms I had in Asia.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stay here each time we visit our relatives. The rooms are nice and clean. Bed was comfortable and had a variety of pillows. There were plenty of outlets which is a challenge at many hotels. Didn't get a chance to check out the exercise room this trip.

Room Tip: It appears that this hotel hosts many wedding parties so book early if you are staying over a weeken...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Worse time ever at a hotel property. Wedding Party ruined entire stay, loud drunks, stealing food from breakfast bar and all management would say was she never heard any complaints. The only funny part was that the worse hell raisers were what appeared to be the grandparents with the coolers of booze so much left over it filled their van and they had to put clothes in another van. Ice machines out of service because some one filled large coolers and left none on 1 or 3 floors, and 2 floor was melting. Stealing yogurt and putting in a purse, biscuits and jelly guess it was for their father's day luncheon. So ask ahead if they are having A WEDDING PARTY, remember this is a College town! Oh, the Pool Furniture was placed around the parking lot and had our van damaged by something being slammed on the roof. Otherwise it was your regular run of the mill Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have great view of town and mountains. Third floor was great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LewieD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear LewieD,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the wedding party that happened during your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the shortcomings you encountered and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Having stayed at other hotels in this chain, we were looking forward to this one, but it fell way short of any of our other previous experiences with this hotel chain. The evening we arrived, we noticed our TV had poor quality picture. The front desk employee (a young man) came to try to fix it, but he said that the cable connection was damaged due to the dresser being pushed too close to the wall. The TV never worked properly the entire stay. The breakfast was also a disappointment. The pancake machine wasn't working, and when I asked at the front desk if there was any yogurt available, I was taken aback by the rude reply I received. The older lady working told me that she didn't have any and that she was short-staffed that morning due to employees not coming to work. Our room was acceptable, other than the TV, but it was on the main floor close to the front desk which made it a very noisy location. This did not live up to the quality expectations we have experienced at previous Holiday Inn Express locations and it cost more than other locations we have stayed at previously.

Room Tip: If you end up staying here (which I honestly cannot recommend), ask for a room above the first floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mama23Es
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Mama23Es,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!